Non spoiler first impressions (Stuff not covered in the reviews)

1- cops are tough, much harder to get away from even with one star. Makes the game much harder. 2- Watching your damage, getting shot is a big deal. Only 2 or 3 shots without armor and you're done, very realistic. You do replenish health over time. 3- GPS is much much easier to use 4- flying is now difficult until you improve your skill. Just hovering in a chopper is tough at the lower skill level 5- you can post pics from your in game phone to your personal Facebook 6- money is difficult to get so don't go spending it all on car customization 7- red dead redemptions random acts that you can choose to play are here 8- throw backs and Easter eggs referencing the older games are there, keep your eyes open. 9- Trevor WILL be your favorite character 10- In game Microtransaction store is there but nothing but the blimp avaliable at the moment. That's it. Any other questions just ask

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

how is the stat system is it pretty in depth compared to the last games or is it shallow.?

It's set up like blocks, every block is ten percent. You start at 50% unless your character is proficient at the ability like Franklin is at driving, Trevor is good at flying and Michael is good at shooting. The blocks increase 10 percent at a time if you do the activity required. Pretty shallow I guess but it could be worse. I'm at 90 percent stealth with Trevor just from walking around crouched lol

sounds cool tho meh online is gonna be fun. I wonder how the wildlife is and whats actually out there.

I would tell you but that one is best found out for,yourself. I'm an tell you there is a large variety and some you won't expect.

I asked you a question in another thread, but this one is set more like a Q&A with you so I will ask again here.

Did you install both disks?

If so, do you experience texture pop-ins?

If you do, how bad is it?

Rockstar released info this morning stating NOT to install the "play disk" for optimal performance, and I was just curious as to what users have to say about it. Of course I don't want any spoilers, I would just like to know about this performance issue.

I played for about 3 hours without disc 2 installed. I've have since played 7 hours with it installed and noticed no difference in textures or performance

I think the blocks are 20%, so there's only 5 before you're fully upgraded.

installing disk 2 [the disk you put in to actually start GTA V] will hinder game performance, so don't install disk 2 if you want quality performance...but disk one is the manditory install

Re:  Animals, "I would tell you but that one is best found out for,yourself. I'm an tell you there is a large variety and some you won't expect."

Great non-answer.  Thanks for showing restraint!

Please tell me R* has re-mapped and/or changed the way you sprint.  Mashing A in order to sprint is so freaking annoying, especially when you've got 5 stars, are trying to escape and the next thing you know you've accepted a bowling date with freaking Roman almost before you knew the phone even rang!  Then when Red Dead came out I thought to myself, "well, I'm sure they realized how lame and annoying it is to have to mash a button just to sprint, so I'm sure Red Dead won't be so lame."   *BUZZER*  Wrong.  No such luck.  Please R*, have something figured out this time.  Please.  If anything, do it for the poor lil A button.  It really doesn't appreciate being constantly abused.