No splitscreen? Are you serious 343?

Congratulations 343 Industries. I didn't think you could make a worse Halo than Halo 4 but you've exceeded my expectations.

So players will get free multiplayer maps instead? It's not really free if you need to pay a subscription to use them, is it'?

You, 343 Industries, are the reason why I gave up on the Xbox. Because of your inane Gold requirement for Halo 4 Spartan Ops. That is, the Gold requirement to even play it at all, even offline.

If you're not offering local play, what reason is there to even play on a console, rather than on a PC? None, is what.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I absolutely need split-screen. What am I gonna tell my friends that don't own an Xbox One and want to come over and play the new Halo? Sorry, 343 got rid of split-screen so you had to buy more than one Xbox One and more than one copy of Halo 5? That's the real reason why it was cut. Of course they can do split-screen but they just don't want to. It's like Major Nelson saying that they can't just "flip a switch" and reverse the god-awful decisions that were announced at the beginning of the public involvement with Xbox One. They changed that and they can change this too. It will just take mediocre sales to change all of the terrible things that 343 is doing to Halo like paid DLC to win games and zero customization.

Another crappy whiner here, this time crying about not having splitscreen. Grow up Mutant1988 nobody plays local co-op & multiplayer anymore, it is 2015 not 1995, grow up and stop crying.

This is extremely disappointing, not being able to play the campaign co-op with my boys, or let them play through the campaign together. I would rather they delayed the game to develop split-screen co-op than release it like this.

I can't believe how much people whine and cry about gaming now days...  you are not entitled to anything, 343 doesn't owe you or anyone else sh*t. If you don't like something then don't buy it!

We as gamers have it so good now days, but everyone just keeps complaining over nothing.

"I can't believe how much people whine and cry about gaming now days...  you are not entitled to anything, 343 doesn't owe you or anyone else sh*t. If you don't like something then don't buy it!

We as gamers have it so good now days, but everyone just keeps complaining over nothing."

I cant believe how many people allow themselves to by inferior products, or gimped products. Look at all the crap movies that come out and yet the masses keep  going to them. Its this line of thought that "people keep complaining over nothing" ridiculous that helps bring a product to market that is underwhelming to say the least.

Just hide in your bubble and don't decide anything; just go along with whatever you are spoon fed.

If its a concern to you OP, I would vote with your wallet. That's how the market is supposed to work.

I AM SUPER TICKED AT NO SPLIT SCREEN! 343 SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!! I don't know why but suddenly cool is out. I thought you were all about family gaming. I was just playing halo 4 with my 4 year old nephew having a blast in coop and now learning halo 5 will have none of that? Disgusting. You KNOW halo is all about multiplayer and LOCAL cool. Your shooting yourselves in the foot. Extremely ticked off. I have a right to complain when local cool has been a mainstay with all the halo games then to oust it. Awful. Maybe I'll go get a wii u I'm sick of the games eliminating local coop. I thought well at least halo 5 will come out but nope. It's a cop out and disgusting. Your going to ruin the franchise. People have freakin halo parties. So we're going to have parties alone in the *** basement or separate rooms??? That's if people are will ping to buy extra systems and tvs. Crap.

Sorry for typos Im really *** off

Wii U have some really fun local Co-op games like Smash Bros and all of that, so you may go for it.

Xbox One & PS4 are all about online co-ops & multiplayer now.

College kids crowded in a dorm room with the loser sitting out next.  Husbands laughing at their wives get excited about shooting a Grunt. Dads playing their favorite video game with their kids and seeing the same smile on their faces as they had on theirs when they played the first Halo.   Yes, Microsoft/343, most gamers play co-op online but the most successful products cross generations and establish traditions.  You killed a lot of traditions and failed to create new ones in removing splitscreen play in Halo 5.  I was going to buy an Xbox One just so I can continue the tradition of playing Halo with my wife and be able to enjoy it playing along with my son.  My family finds a lot of ways to have fun.  Microsoft/343, you won't be included in our fun.

I wonder how many of you aren't going to buy the game because of no "Split-Screen"? Y'all are getting it regardless.  Don't know why you're complaining.