No Sound On Game DVR Clips/Games Have No Sound

Okay so I've spent hours back and forth with Xbox Support on twitter and we've yet to figure it out. You will see attached is a picture of screenshot compilations of all my settings and explaining what I've tried and done. The basic thing going on is, when I stream a game from my Xbox to my PC/Laptop and then I record the gameplay, the files have no sound. You can see in the picture that  it literally doesn't record sound. I've also recorded some clips on my PC with games already on here. Sometimes they work and most the time they do not. Also the "xbox games on windows" Like hungry sharks, minecraft and solitaire half the time either won't record or the sound won't even play. They often require a couple restarts. Since there's quite a few people with these problems in regards to game dvr, I think it's safe to eliminate it being my pc at the core overall. My streams from console to pc work flawlessly on high or very high, I never have lag or any problems. It's simply that something is messing with the audio being recorded with the clip. Also yes record audio is checked, as you can see in the picture. Main thing being it's either something keeps messing with my playback devices (in windows 10 or the xbox app) or there's flaws in the Xbox App on both Windows and Xbox One. If that's the case I'd imagine they'd have to push an update. So if everyone who reads this could please give their advice or keep this post going so that it gets seen that would be great. Realistically they need to add a audio setting or button that allows and shows you which device you are using and to make sure it's recording. It should be added to the gamebar, as that would simplify things as well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

[Link to image of problem spreadsheet listed below]

It's not letting me post the picture or through html, but here's the link to it. i.imgur.com/XXcySuS.png  or here's the photobucket upload as well. i1378.photobucket.com/.../problemsheet_zpsgekovocg.png

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The game dvr isn't recording sound from my primary output device but it records perfectly well when I'm using my headset. I only use my headset for several games that I wouldn't necessarily record.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.