No single player DLC at all ever!! :(

This is from a diffrent 360 site i go on..

Finished Tomb Raider's single-player? Looking forward to sinking your teeth into more? Well, it looks like you can forget it, as Crystal Dynamics apparently has "no plans" for single-player DLC. Any add-ons released for the game will apparently support multiplayer, like the recently released Caves & Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack.

"There are currently no plans in place for any Single Player expansions," said Tomb Raider's Global Brand Director, Karl Stewart in a Reddit. "All of our DLC is based around the Multiplayer experience for now."

It was hoped that Tomb Raider would add single-player DLC in the form of extra tombs or narrative, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Even Lara's classic outfit won't be added as DLC, despite numerous fan requests.

"We did try to have a lot of nods to the classics in this reboot," Creative Director Noah Hughes stated. "And even her outfit itself is intended to evoke her classic outfit in a way, but is more practical for her situation. This was just an example of trying to play that balance between fresh and familiar."

Pah!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't think the phrase, "currently no plans" means never.

Saw this a few days ago, will be trading in my TR towards Bioshock next week. Good game but there's nothing left for me to do.

i will play this game every few months becouse i think its that good.

I could easily play the SP a few times through but ya, the no DLC thing is a downer.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

Saw this a few days ago, will be trading in my TR towards Bioshock next week. Good game but there's nothing left for me to do.

[/quote]

that is a scary thing to say... are gamers that spoiled today that they MUST have download content to enjoy their games? i remember a time when some of the best games in history held their fun factor without anything being added to them. you are the very reason why microtransactions are becoming routine in gaming....ah well, i guess the real winner will be the person that buys your tomb raider at a discount.... the irony of this whole thing is i played and finished bioshock once and had no desire to play it again, even for the 2nd ending...go figure.

transform

@CursedOptimus ,And who are you lol? I'm not going to overhype Tomb Raider like some seem to. If you enjoy it then great, play the campaign over & over BUT for me, I did everything there is to do in the game and I enjoyed it. The story is ok but not that great for me to play through again. It doesn't have the replay value "I" look for so "I" will trade it in and that has nothing to do with a SP DLC. Also, don't make assumptions like you know what type of gamer I am. I never bought microtransactions and could care less that they are in games, I do the simple thing and ignore them. It's gamers like you that need to worry about themselves instead of "trying" to judge others.

I don't get it.. When there is DLC then people yell "It's not fair to charge us for content that should have been there already" and when there's not DLC people yell about that too!

There's already a downloadable tomb for single player, maybe more will come, I don't know... I didn't buy this tomb, it came with the pre-order package.

[quote user="Xzenor"]

I don't get it.. When there is DLC then people yell "It's not fair to charge us for content that should have been there already" and when there's not DLC people yell about that too!

There's already a downloadable tomb for single player, maybe more will come, I don't know... I didn't buy this tomb, it came with the pre-order package.

[/quote]

just goes to show that you can't please everyone...as far the downloadable tomb; it has yet to appear as a download on the marketplace... according to eidos, they have no plans to release tombs for single player exploration at this time, but i suppose with enough nagging they might change their minds.

transform