No signatures = happy forum

Just discovered how to turn of the sigs at the bottom of peoples posts..... makes the forums much easier on this old mans eyes.

Now Ive got rid of over sized signatures I like this new layout.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

how? drives me mad

The layout is fine. The problem is the forum has now become a shadow of its former self. Navigation is dreadful. I have to click on loads of numbers to get to the last page of a thread. Quoting has been made more complicated, new posters wont even know it exists. I used to be able to discuss and debate all sorts, now its just dead. Regression and change for changes sake is not a good move. I suspect many will go to the unofficial forums for some good debate, active community and basic forum functions that make sense.

To turn them off, you can go to one of the forum pages that has "Settings" on the right or go to your own Profile Page and click on "Forum Preferences".  But in the settings, uncheck Display user signatures and it'll kill them.  At some point soon, only the Moderators, VIPs and Admins will be able to use them.

@Spuudle: I've been around these parts awhile and can't for the life of me figure out how to quote in this dreadful format.  

If they had ONLY changed the laiout but left all the old features like "My forums" (Not the new useless one mind you) and standard buttons for quote and edit, I'd have actually liked the change.

[quote user="HyperSMB"]@Spuudle: I've been around these parts awhile and can't for the life of me figure out how to quote in this dreadful format.  

[/quote]To "Quote"...go to "Use Rich Formatting" at the bottom of the page and then click "Quote" on the left.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

[quote user="HyperSMB"]@Spuudle: I've been around these parts awhile and can't for the life of me figure out how to quote in this dreadful format.  

[/quote]To "Quote"...go to "Use Rich Formatting" at the bottom of the page and then click "Quote" on the left.

[/quote]

Thanks! I was looking for this feature too!

Awww they aren't that bad....

[quote user="Spuudle"]

I have to click on loads of numbers to get to the last page of a thread. [/quote]

if there are several pages and i want to go to the last one, i just click on the >> that are to the right of the NEXT button.

Definely prefer the old forums, i do like the quick reply feature though (Y)

[quote user="Spuudle"]

The layout is fine. The problem is the forum has now become a shadow of its former self. Navigation is dreadful. I have to click on loads of numbers to get to the last page of a thread. Quoting has been made more complicated, new posters wont even know it exists. I used to be able to discuss and debate all sorts, now its just dead. Regression and change for changes sake is not a good move. I suspect many will go to the unofficial forums for some good debate, active community and basic forum functions that make sense.

[/quote]

You can also click "lasted posted by" and it will take you to the last post.