No Patch Please.

Get the basics right please.  Lobbys that work properly-eg actually finds games and lets you join with friends.

No crap glitches/weapon abuse.

Your a big company with tons of money so playtest the game into the ground and have everything 100% for release day for a change.

Sick of unfinished untested games being released. Bring back Snes seal of approval :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They don't have enough of a development time to polish things up like they ought to. Maybe if they gave the games a 3 year cycle...

People forget that the publishers set the deadline and the developers have to work with it. It's a business and businesses have to meet deadlines. Sometimes this means fixing issues after the game is released. Even if Treyarch had an infinite number of years to work on a game there would still be problems post release. No game is or will ever be perfect.

-

The thing that sets Treyarch apart from other devs is that they listen to the community as much as they can and then work to fix things.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

[quote user="Tam1"]

Your a big company with tons of money so playtest the game into the ground and have everything 100% for release day for a change.

[/quote]You're*

Also, nothing can be perfect, people are going to whine and what they think works might not be what the community thinks is good for the game.

No one sane is expecting perfect. Perfection is impossible.

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

No one sane is expecting perfect. Perfection is impossible.

[/quote]

Wasn't COD4 very close to perfection? And wasn't that because of the public beta?

If I remember correctly, the only thing people would complain about with COD4 was the M16 being OP. All lag and servers issues were solely because of Microsoft. Halo 3 came out at the same time and that completely demolished Xbox Live's servers.

COD became more complicated over time. More content to playtest, balance, and polish in the same amount of time. Not a good thing.

Call of Duty or Perfection. Choose one, OP.

I choose pikachu.

Close enough.

[quote user="Kuamy"]

Wasn't COD4 very close to perfection? 

[/quote]

Close is the keyword here. 

I agree that having a public beta is a huge help with smaller issues that can turn big. Why more big titles don't do it is always the big question. I'm sure there's a reason. But even if there is a beta, there are still issues that crop up post release. A beta is not a catch all solution.  

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP