No option to buy house in Solitude?

Hey guys, I'm trying to buy the house in Solitude, but it won't let me. I had done all the quests for it and have been prompted in the past if I would like to buy it, but I had insufficient funds. Is my game just bugging out or what?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think it's bugging out. Same thing happen to me and the option disappeared until I did some other quests that had nothing to do with the house buying except that I had to help some of the Jarls people first. Then I think the price actually went up before I got to buy it. Primerose manor or something like that. Oh! Proudspire! Just remembered.

I had already completed the quest where you help 5 people in Solitude, but still nothing!

Yeah, he knows. He said to do another quest.

Huh, not sure what is going on. All I know is that house is wicked expensive, 25,000 I think.

Is Proudspire the most expensive home in the game? I only have Breezehome and Honeyside at the moment.

I had the option to by Proudspire.  I hope it is still available because I havn't checked in a while.  I have been saving up since the beginning of my restart and  I just need another $6000.  I'm a little worried now that it won't be available.

I'm only having trouble now getting the one in Markarth. I found it but the Steward guy won't offer it. I wonder if it's because I spent time in prison there. Plus I have the abandoned house from the deadric lord. Not sure if it's the most expensive house but Proudspire did cost 25000 gold. I'm leaving my housecarl there this time. Need to teach her how to clean up though.

Yeah the Markarth house buying is totally glitched for me as well. The steward won't even talk to me anymore after telling me to help 5 people (and I did that). Now he just tells how he's the uncle of that jarl. After reloading the whole area quite a few times the steward gave me a quest to kill some bandit chief. I killed him and went back, got the reward and voila, back to "I'm the uncle" thing. >.<

Whiterun house > All other houses

I haven't tried to buy the Solitude or Markarth house yet. I only have Breezehome and the one in Windhelm on my main character's game file. I restarted another character yesterday and after joining the Dark Brotherhood, I think I'll make the Abandoned Shack my home base this time around. it's free and I can always go to Whiterun or some other place to do some smithing.