No Online Pass for Syndicate

Speaking to Eurogamer, EA Partners boss Jeff Gamon revealed the publisher's desire for "everyone who owns a copy of the game to have access to the entire product."

-

He added, "Maybe another reason for not having the Online Pass is we were confident in the scope of the online game. There are nine maps. It's hard to say, but just to play through the maps once on normal is a good six, seven hours. To progress your character and upgrade a few weapons is a heap of content. That and the single-player campaign means hopefully we won't see much in the way of early second hand sales and rentals."

-

EA were one of the first publishers to introduce the Online Pass system, as a way of minimising the pre-owned market and maximising revenue.

-

"Under normal circumstances," said Gamon, "it would have had an online pass, but because it didn't have competitive multiplayer and because we wanted as many people as possible to be playing co-op, we got away with it."

-

I love the way EA say the games so good you would'nt want to trade it in, whats that saying for past realises that had an onlne pass. Hopefully the back lash they got from Kingdoms of amalur reckoning got them rethinking about these passes.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

say what???

I'm upset. I said I will be stubborn and never play a game with EA on it regardless of how good it is, but Starbreeze is my favorite developer.

What to do............

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Get a friend to buy it then borrow their copy

^^ Good thinking, but I might buy it if it gets 9/10 or better.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Or just rent

[View:http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/252/me-gusta.jpg?1310883034]

I wouldn't buy this one as 'used' anyway. After playing the demo, I can't wait for this game. It kind of had a Killzone feel to it for some reason. See, if a game is good, we'll pay the $60.00. Stop making bad games if you don't want to lose sales. I didn't know it was lacking a multiplayer, though. Kind of sucks..

I must admit, for all the previews I've seen a lot of good things has been said about this game. I was highly impressed by the demo. It's the second FPS demo next to Crysis 2 that I played multiple times and enjoyed every second of it. In my opinion Syndicate is a breath of fresh air to the FPS market. This is what Brink failed to be, Syndicate art style reminds me of Deus Ex:Human Revolution despite not having the yellow tone. Plus the graphics are similar to Crysis 2. Defiantly going to pre-order my copy.

Demo is bada$$, love the co-op, love the controls. Seems like a great game, I have no problem dropping $60 bucks on a good game like this. I will most def buy this brand new so ya, message to EA, make good games and people will pay full retail price for it.

I didn't know there was a demo. Getting it dl'ed now. ^^ EA didn't make this game, but I hear what you're saying.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!