No oneguide, no picture but sound. SKIP setup i get picture.

I have comcast, Motorola DCH3200 receiver.  I have called multiple times trying to fix this issue and nothing yet.  All the troubleshooting, nothing works.  I click the TV app it pops up and starts set up.  It starts to detect all I get is sound.  If I skip that process and then hit next on following screen it will show my picture and sound.  My oneguide won't work either.  I don't get any options to pick a cable provider or tv brand.  I have watched YouTube videos of others initial setup and mine doesn't function anything like theirs.  I was even suggested to call Comcast and see if anything could fix it on their end and I got nothing. They told me there's nothing that keeps it from working.  Like I mentioned if I skip the setup, I get picture and sound but as soon as I back out and close the app it's gone and I have to do that all over.  I feel like my app has a corrupted file.  I've messaged my Xbox number to someone on here to help and I've heard nothing.   I would appreciate some help here.  No one else from things I have read are having the same problem as me so I'm getting no help reading other issues.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im having the exact same problem.  Pleas post something when you find a solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I still haven't found anything.  No one seems to know.  No one seems to be helping us anymore either.  I just gave up. Frustrated me, but oh well.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Maddix, so TV full screen works fine, but TV in the PiP during setup doesn't?

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Say I started the tv app like I got it brand new.  It goes to detect my picture.  Well all it does is pickup sound.  But if I click the option on the left to skip, it'll bring it up picture and sound.  My oneguide doesn't offer to set it up at all.  I havent been able to enter a cable provider or tv brand anywhere.  It seems the problem is a software issue.  Since I can skip and I get perfect picture and sound.   It doesn't work any other way.  Voice commands don't work either for tv controls.  I kind of feel like my tv app has just skipped the actual setup process I don't know for sure since I've never been able to do it.  

Sorry this didn't help.

The exact same thing just happened to me today  since November 22nd the oneguide has worked fine, but now I'm getting no guide and when i try to use the setup it does the same thing your xbox does. Did you do anything different to it before you had the problem? like maybe change recievers? Have you tried doing a factory reset? I might do that if there is no fix but I'm afraid of losing my saved games files

Sorry this didn't help.

No I haven't done anything out of the normal.  I can't bring myself to reset it.  I guess I'm just going to wait it out.  I'm sure Microsoft will fix it sometime soon.  Sucks having to wait though. I wish Microsoft would just figure it out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think your save files should stay on the cloud, might be worth doing the reset

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this exact issue. You just have to do a factory restore and everything will fix itself. I thankfully figured this out on the 23rd of Nov, so I didn't really have many things to worry about getting lost.

Sorry this didn't help.

did you lose your save files for games?

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't really have any save files on the console to be honest with you except for my Forza one, and that seemed completely okay after I reinstalled the game. When I started playing Forza again, my stuff was restored. I only own that, DR3, COD and BF4, and I had only installed the others at the time, so hopefully you won't lose anything, I would go into the menu for the game and see if there is a way to move save files.

Sorry this didn't help.