No More Star Wars Games? Lucasarts closed!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Why would it mean no more Star Wars games?

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 (plus The Old Republic), Battlefront 1 and 2, Jedi Academy etc etc.

There are many Star Wars games that weren't developed by LucasArts, just published by them. Disney still own the rights to the IPs and so could continue getting third party developers to make them.

Disney stated that they will license other devs to create games and continue to publish through Lucas Arts, they are just done with the in-house development of games, which, based on their past games, might be a good thing.

To be honest, the last game that I liked of Star Wars was on the original Xbox.

-

Kinect Star Wars is good but it's not a "real" game per say.

Yeah...I would have to agree with that as well!  Battlefronts 1 & 2 were by far the best as far FPS went.

Lucas arts ? Didn't they make Monkey Island ?

Star Wars Republic Commando was epic.

disney just isn't making the games now, so they closed the studio, simply they will license the brand out, which is smart, as they almost can't lose licensing out the series.

Would love to see Disney licence KOTOR to Bethesda.

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

To be honest, the last game that I liked of Star Wars was on the original Xbox.

-

Kinect Star Wars is good but it's not a "real" game per say.

[/quote]

I thought The Force Unleashed was good.  Not as good as KOTOR obviously (although they are very different games) but it was still a fun and well-made game

force unleashed was yet another 5 hour campaign that was OK at best but once you beat it wasn't worth playing anymore