No more Skyrim DLC planned.

So yea, as the title said, all the stuff that was "Planned" like Redguard (if it was being made a DLC), and minor stuff like the Horse armor and etc, has all been Scraped pretty much. The team is apparently moveing on to do there next big Project (Possibly Fallout 4 with all the info out atm, but no one knows). You can read it here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/15/no-further-skyrim-dlc-planned-team-moving-on

Now to be truthful, Bethesda, could of kept working on the DLC while working on Fallout 4, if thats the game they're now working on (Noticeing we all know they have worked on DLC and etc while working on newer games). I liked Skyrim a lot but it does annoy me that they are point blank just droping everything and pretty much scraping it. W/e I guess, I hope Fallout 4 is good, and I hope its on 360 to, noticeing with all the rumors and etc going around about the Next Gen of Xbox and etc (and how most of them are turning out true), its gonna make me return to my PC.

So what do you guys think? I know a lot will say "Yay, they're moven on", noticeing I do know a lot of people hated the game for "Game Breaking Bugs" that I never had. But in my opinion, they could of kept working on it and worked on Fallout 4 at the same time, noticeing they were maken Skyrim while makeing DLC for New Vegas. As I said above, I can just hope Fallout 4 is good noticeing they are scraping everything on Skyrim to do it. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed".

I'm guessing that covers 'game breaking glitches'.

"I liked Skyrim a lot but it does annoy me that they are point blank just droping everything and pretty much scraping it".

Games eventually stop getting DLC, and Skyrim got two large ones AND a whole lot of patching. It's not as though the game has gone without any care post-release.

They want to stop making DLC? Fine by me, because it happens. It's simply how it is.

Yeah game has had far more support than oblivion did.

just wish they would actually patch the bugs in the DLC  we have now as well as the main game.

Makes me glad I've got Skyrim on PC too. The Vilja mod alone was worth as much as any DLC I've gotten on the xbox version.

I've read a lot of info about moving on from Beth but, that seems to be the developer team. If their getting FO4 ready for the next gen console? that may be worth the wait. I think we can expect at least one more patch for Skyrim before it comes totally off their table. Maybe no more DLC's but even with my latest new start, there seems to be a few items that may get attention before the programmers are totally off the Skyrim table. The patch didn't do anything for my old save (expected) but it still seems to be a bit jumpy even after starting over from scratch. Maybe a final farewell fix from them will be the answer.

I agree with angelus we should at least hopefully get 1 more patch. 

THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

Skyrim DLC? Bethesda's Not Done With It Yet

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../news-13565-Skyrim-DLC--Bethesda-s-Not-Done-With-It-Yet.html

Or maybe they just lied, or perhaps they have one or more ready for release and are moving on before they get released?

Thats from December 3rd of last year...

Yeah, which has nothing to do with the fact they were saying they were making more DLC at that time. And unless they flat out lied and did nothing for the last four months, then maybe they have another DLC ready to go. Hence my original comment.

@eber3: Pete Hines already addressed that. He said they released the DLC on the PS3 & added legendary difficulty & skills. There will be no more DLC for Skyrim. It's lame & they mislead us, but it is what it is.

[quote user="eber3"]

Yeah, which has nothing to do with the fact they were saying they were making more DLC at that time. And unless they flat out lied and did nothing for the last four months, then maybe they have another DLC ready to go. Hence my original comment.

[/quote]I also remember reading that they were intending to release it. Then it was scrapped. There is your answer.