No More Level Cap (soon)

Today the PC gets a new patch--a rather large patch--that we get sometime this month. One thing in it, bye-bye level cap! http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/04/now-on-steam-skyrim-1-9-beta-update/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry about the lazy link -- on my iPad.

If you have the time to get to level 81, you have too much time.

Level cap?

There never was a level cap. The only reason it only goes to 81 is because of how the leveling system works, not because of any cap.

The only way to extend it would be to add even more skills to use, not just any simple patch.

Well today you can't go higher than level 81, when the patch hits, you can go as high as you can. So...

True, but it's not a level cap perse, it's just how the system works.

[quote user="Springer ATC"]

Level cap?

There never was a level cap. The only reason it only goes to 81 is because of how the leveling system works, not because of any cap.

The only way to extend it would be to add even more skills to use, not just any simple patch.

[/quote]The way according to the Bethesda Blog it is going to work is if a Skill is at 100 it becomes Legendary and can be "reset" this with allow it to gain Skill again and further raise the Characters Level. At least that's the way it's described.

They should have done that from the beginning. That was legitimately my main gripe with the game, i hated maxing out my main skills and then having to grind low level skills just to level up. If that is true, it will be awesome.

[quote user="IChoseNxUndeaDI"]

you have too much time.

[/quote]Curious as to what this means.  I live on planet Earth, so I have 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year (unless, of course, it's a leap year, then 366).  How much time do level 81's have?

On-topic:  This will be helpful for those people who like their playstyle and don't want to sit around boosting skills they don't normally play with to get to a higher level.

UESP says this:

"Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap."

That doesn't sound nearly as cool.

I hate to use a cod analogy, but it's basically like 'prestiging' a skill. It just allows players to level up w/o having to use skills they have no interest in. Also, I think it'll help prevent players from becoming 'overpowered' & the game from getting too easy. The best part about the feature, imo, is that you don't have to use it if you think it's a bad idea...