No more children playing Call of Duty...

Article here

THE BUZZ: A Microsoft patent that was made public this week reveals that Kinect could be used to estimate a players age and block unsuitable content.

The patent suggests using the camera to measure the proportions of the players body parts and then estimate an age based on the data. The system would then be able to block access to television shows, movies and games that were of an unsuitable rating.

EGM’s TAKE: It’s a pretty cool idea but a simple menu option works just as well, and wouldn’t accidently block our freakishly small cousin Phil. Poor Phil.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Couldn't they kinda, not use Kinect?

Unplug the Kinect...

Yeah, but it would be funny if the next xbox had it built in. Your xbox watches you touch yourself at night...

All the little people will just switch to PS3

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Couldn't they kinda, not use Kinect?

[/quote]Don't give them any ideas. Anyway, I was actually thinking about this the other day. I think in order to get in to an online game, you should have to hold your ID up to the Kinect sensor before playing. And if it's an M rated game and you're under 17, your 360 should burst in to flames.

Did you have to mention COD?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

So does this mean my 5 foot 7 height could mistake me as being under 18 since that is below the height of an average adult male? I sure hope so because my lawyer would love it.

This does sort of prove one theory of mine though. I believe the Kinect will be packaged with every system next gen.

I also wonder if this could be the end of the COD bandwagon since your average COD player is not even old enough own an M rated game.

Isn't that what child accounts are for? If a parent isn't responsible enough to set up their kids account/console to block M rated content why would they bother with this Kinect feature? Completely pointless.

[quote user="FEARecon"]

Isn't that what child accounts are for? If a parent isn't responsible enough to set up their kids account/console to block M rated content why would they bother with this Kinect feature? Completely pointless.

[/quote]

Unless they make Kinect mandatory next gen for Xbox Live.