no mmo

how come the mmos are not comming to consols there is a oblivion and a fallout mmo comming but again they are comming to the pc just like anyother mmo it kinda suks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Live model is somewhat different than most online game models which has its ups and downs.

NOTE: This is my opinion -

Xbox live is much more secure than say Sony online or even a general PC online game. Because the network is much more secure it takes time for content to be approved and allowed on live.

MMOs are a living and breathing beast that need updates on the fly. They could release an update that breaks some aspect of the game that was not caught in QC

Such game breaking aspects of the game need to be fixed ASAP which the current live security model could delay this process.

This is one reason why I believe you currently don't see many mmos on xbox live.

One of the reasons is that Microsoft don't invest any money from the MMOs. Since silver accounts can play the MMOs. Microsoft won't allow that.

There is some zombie gaming coming to the 360 that is supposed to be some mmo.  Though I've not read much about it.

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

There is some zombie gaming coming to the 360 that is supposed to be some mmo.  Though I've not read much about it.

[/quote]undeadlabs.com/.../qa-class4-and-design    Here is the link to the MMO.Also i read in an OXM that LionHead Studios is hiring people that have experience in creating MMO's.If you don't know what Lion Head Studios is, they are the people that created  the Fable franchise,and are currently creating Fable Journey for Kinect.

I think MMOs are doomed from the start. So much money invested in it and it relies on subscriptions. Those subscriptions fall below a certain number and the game is no longer profitable. I think thats why so many of them are becoming Free 2 Play with Micro transactions

MMO's are good games if the developer updates the games on a regular bases,but it's embarassing that Microsoft still doesn't have one yet.

[quote user="DragonExadon"]

The Live model is somewhat different than most online game models which has its ups and downs.

NOTE: This is my opinion -

Xbox live is much more secure than say Sony online or even a general PC online game. Because the network is much more secure it takes time for content to be approved and allowed on live. This is false, at least for PC. the difference is security is mostly up to MS. on PC its up to the game devs. Sony's online has gotten much more secure, its probably more secure then xbox now.

.-

MMOs are a living and breathing beast that need updates on the fly. They could release an update that breaks some aspect of the game that was not caught in QC

.this is irrelevant. an update that breaks the game can be rolled back, and just like a PC specific updates can be deleted.

-

Such game breaking aspects of the game need to be fixed ASAP which the current live security model could delay this process.

Yes and no, a new update takes a few weeks just to get OK'd by MS, but if say, an update screwed up the game, they could just remove the update, tell people with the update to delete the patch data/clear cache and the game would install the older patches. the patch time is bad for xbox but it isn't what is preventing MMos.

This is one reason why I believe you currently don't see many mmos on xbox live.

[/quote]

The reason MMOs are not on xbox is the fees you need to pay to put out a patch. the fez patch scandal has shed light on the issue. a MMO gets patched at least in a small way usually once a month or so, with big "expansions" coming out every 6 month to 2 years, however, in between those expansions are usually a few content patches or bug fix patches/balance changes...

an mmo like WoW if on xbox would have been charged something like 5 million dollars in fees just for the updates.

-

MMOs are on PS3, so we know they can work on console.

With a PC &/or PS3, you open Specific Game Ports & connect to a server directly & uses your connection to share with others (Unsecure)...

Xbox Live runs through a Client Server first & is traversed to game servers from Xbox Live... (Secure/Monitored)

^^^ up there :P

I could only imagine playing Skyrim or Fall Out with friends... I would be happy with them adding co-op.