No Mic In XBL games anymore?????

The last time I was on xbox live was 2004. Yesterday, I got an xbox 360 and brought BF3. I got tired of the no mic no team work BF2 play on the PC. In the pre2004 days, Everyone used a mic and promoted in team work in games like UC champion04 and rtcw.  XBL was Fun as hell back then when everyone used a mic and was involved in team work....After I setup my xbox360 and loaded up BF3, I was SHOCKED when I found out no ONE was using a mic... it was PC game play on the XBOX360! is this the norm on xbl now? no one uses a mic? If Yes, then I have wasted $400 :( sigh... It was my last $400 for personal use....

Isn't the whole point of XBL to use voice to navigate teamwork???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Most people use a mic. They're just in party chat and can't even hear the rest of the team or even just talking to friends playing other games. Other people don't use headsets because the only people you are likely to encounter are racist 12 year old homophobes who apparently are world champion MMA fighters and know where you live. If you want team work, your best bet is to find a group of friends and play with them.

blame it on the racism, screaming, music in mic, ego rubbing, singing etc...People finally got tired of it and did something about it instead of constantly complaining.....I have no problem with it, cuz i party chat all the time too....peace

Hi, can you give me the names of some FPS and racing games where people use mics? We had the racists, kiddies, and the idiots on XBL in the pre04 days... but I did not realized it was such a big problem on here now..

do people use mics on COD:MW?

[quote user="LurkingSquire2"]

Hi, can you give me the names of some FPS and racing games where people use mics? We had the racists, kiddies, and the idiots on XBL in the pre04 days... but I did not realized it was such a big problem on here now..

do people use mics on COD:MW?

[/quote]Dnt know about FPS, but I play forza 4 and the community is always alive and well.  And they WILL BOOT YOU if you are a dirty driver which is a good thing.

You probably already know this but with BF you're limited to only chatting with your squad so the likelihood of communication is much less than with other shooters. People use mics in CoD but it's usually to inflate their own ego or to call you something idiotic like a BK Randy.

I think most people actually do use mics, they are just in party chat.  I have a mic 100% of the time, but I'm usually in a party.  Find a few good friends that play the same games as you and party up.

[quote user="StrictlyDigital"]

You probably already know this but with BF you're limited to only chatting with your squad so the likelihood of communication is much less than with other shooters. People use mics in CoD but it's usually to inflate their own ego or to call you something idiotic like a BK Randy.

[/quote]There is an option in the menu to chat with the team but the problem is people stay in party chat or are not aware that the feature is there.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I usally find a lot of people on mics. Try playing Search and Destroy in any COD game or Black Ops Zombies. There is always bound to be someone with a mic.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

[quote user="StrictlyDigital"]

[/quote]There is an option in the menu to chat with the team but the problem is people stay in party chat or are not aware that the feature is there.

[/quote]I had no idea, I just assumed it was limited to the squad. It makes sense to offer the option to choose. 

OP- Most people can't handle muting bad players so they just hide in party chat. Not all people are like that though but you'll be hard pressed to find them. I notice in Gears 3 there's usually 1 person out of 5 or so who has a mic. They aren't just talking to themselves though, you have to ask if anyone can hear you. The only game I know of where lots of people use the mic, besides horrible examples like any COD game, is Shadowrun.