No longer receiving Xbox One Minecraft Discount

I am no longer receiving Xbox One Minecraft Discount however if I've had to before, i have seen the discount price but never had enough money to buy it, went to buy it today but now it's pack to full price.

I owned a digital copy of Minecraft when i had a Xbox 360 so i should qualify for the discount.
Due to upgrading to a Xbox One i no longer own a Xbox 360 and can not re download Minecraft to see if it fixes the problem.

And, yes. I am on the account and originally payed for and played on the Minecraft Xbox 360 version.

I had literally just gone and added credit to my Microsoft account in order to buy it, but now it's at full price again i can not afford it.

Is there a way to get the discount back or are they no longer offering it?
I won't pay full price for it seeing as i have brought it once before.

Thank you if you can answer my question.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 374 Applies to:
Answer

I've been trying to get a definitive answer myself even when I met all requirements stated in the FAQ and on the web page. My discussion with Microsoft support was that after updating I need to PLAY the game for 72 hours before it would register for the discount not just waiting 48-72 hours since you launched the game and updated. I've got my 360 running now and will continue for 72 hours straight on the Minecraft main menu so that "Minecraft is playing" on my profile. Here's a segment of that chat from yesterday:

"Jibriel: Alright, [Me] upon further investigating the issue with Minecraft , you have to play it online for a minimum of 72 hours, so our server can detect your account.
Me: Per the FAQ it said to connect so that it showed it on Live then wait 48-72 hours. I know it has been longer than a week though.
Jibriel: Upon further investigating my previous customer that have similar issue, it is proven and effective that you must play it online for more than 72 hours on your 360 console just to register your profile to our system."

After 72 hours I will let you know my results but I'm just passing along the solution that was provided to me. If you can let us know you results from this solution I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.