No Hardcore Domination

I don't understand why they keep doing this. Black Ops 2 released with no Hardcore Domination and I refused to play until they added it back. Now they are doing the same thing again.

What's the point?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

HC domination ended up being the only thing I played in the end in BO2, but that's the only game where I have even remotely enjoyed HC in the entire CoD franchise. So is HC limited to just the typical (T)DM and SnD or whatever replaced that mode?

Team death match, kill confirmed, and search and rescue.

Won't be buying any "season pass" or "elite" this time around. I only play hard-core and we get the shaft on game-types and new maps. I hope at least they put a DLC lobby for HC in Ghosts like they did in MW3... even though it was rotating game types. I can't understand what's so f'n hard about just giving us ALL the game-types in HC for Christ's sake?!?!

Why are hardcore DLC maps playable months later then core maps? And why dont we get the same game modes as core does. PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!

DLC is in normal rotation at the same time in both Core and Hardcore, there has never been a time where that wasn't the case. You just have to play in the Nemesis playlist to play the newest maps. As for the game modes, that's because Hardcore has MUCH fewer players and giving more than 4 game modes thins that crowd out even more which would make it harder/longer to find a match

"As for the game modes, that's because Hardcore has MUCH fewer players and giving more than 4 game modes thins that crowd out even more which would make it harder/longer to find a match"

When I first heard this excuse a few releases ago I checked and the numbers for each mode in hc were very close to the numbers in the corresponding core modes. Players threatened to quit playing the game becuase they didnt make their mode available in hc. The devs response has always been to add these modes back by cutting another and stated that they simply did not provide room for more modes in the initial developement.. Every time they cut one to add another, some players make good on that promise and  they lose another handful of hc players.

Its not rocket science here. The numbers keep dwindling becuse they keep scr*wing over different groups. Alternating which group they appease does nothing but make certain they scr*w over each and every group in the process. This moshpit crap that they have done hasnt increased our options one bit. Oh ..... you can play this mode in hc ..... but only if you choose to play this one and that one too.

Sorry, but I'm just calling it like it is .....B.S.  I dont believe for a minute that they can all be that stupid. Its not because they cant, its not because the numbers dont warrant it. Its simply because they dont want to. Limiting customers' options is a succeful sales tactic in many situations. Judging by the overall numbers playing this game, its obvious this isnt one of those situaltions.

Yes their numbers may be close to the same as those modes in Core, but keep in mind there are maybe 5-8 more modes in Core than HC. The addition of more game modes into HC would significantly thin out the numbers in those modes. Again it really is true that there aren't enough HC players to warrant it. This may not be a fair representation because Ghosts is on its way out and it's 9:30 at night on a Sunday and I'm checking on the Xbox One, but there are a total of 20k people in Core and only 4k in HC (not including Clan v Clan or the DLC playlists which would favor even more towards Core).

I wont disagree that there have always been less players in hc than core. Its the reasoning that I disagree with. Eliminating a game mode doesnt necessarily mean those players move to another game mode within hardcore, they are more likely to move to core. This means the numbers are misleading.

Myself, I like hc ffa. I play core ffa. My number counts toward the core numbers. But thats not an honest way to count it. I dont play core ffa because I prefer core ffa. I play core ffa because there is no hc ffa.

If I want to jump around and play some different modes, I'm going to play core. Again, this doesnt mean that my number should count to core, it should counts toward the most choices.

20k vs 4k sounds like a big difference. But there are 14 modes in core and 4 modes in hc. Averaged out the numbers per mode are 1.4k for core and 1k for hc. Given thatthere are 14 choices in core and only 4 choices in hc, that 1.4 vs 1 is a pretty good standing.

The only way they could use the numbers argument is if both hc and core were given a fair chance. There are 18 gamne modes. Give each equally 9 modes and see what the numbers favor. I dont see that happening and my point stands. The numbers reasoning is complete bs.

Lets put it this way.

You and 5 friends are going out to eat. There are 2 places to choose from. "Jac's bbq/onion burger place" , which sells exactly what the name says ..... bbq/onion burgers.  and then there is "Kate's bbq/onion burgers and more". She sells bbq/onion burgers which arent quite as good as jac's, but she sells pizza and salads too.

5 of you think Jac's is the absolute best place to eat in the world, but one in your party doesnt eat meat. Where are you going to eat? And is that a fair comparison of Jac's vs Kate's bbq/onion burgers?