no gold in halo4 console box.

i too have found this to be a problem and think they should have put us a 14 day trial in their. i just bought the console and now am broke,cause of christmas. and the bad part is my live ran out 3 days ago and im feening for some halo4 multiplayer,lol. but they should have put us a code in the pack with the deal thow.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i have a 14 day trial code they gave me in my STD edition of the game.

I honestly think the Halo 4 console is such a rip off.  No 1 year gold or 1600 ms points...not even the Kinect like the $250 version.  All you get is a painted console and controllers and unneeded extra gigs for $100 more.  Not really seeing the value here.

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

I honestly think the Halo 4 console is such a rip off.  No 1 year gold or 1600 ms points...not even the Kinect like the $250 version.  All you get is a painted console and controllers and unneeded extra gigs for $100 more.  Not really seeing the value here.

[/quote]

and the game of course.

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]unneeded extra gigs[/quote]I NEED THEM!!! :-O I have too much crap on my 250GB hard drive!

Yeah but you can always remove all the arcade games and download them later.  And yes it includes the game but consider that you get the $250 console with all its trimmings and then get the LE Halo 4 game....for the same price and you'll see a vastly different value.

. The game that came with the console didn't even come with the War Games map pass!

Halo 4 game = $60

Two controllers = $120

320GB = $130

That right there equals $310, leaving $40 to split between the Halo 4 designed console, wires and cheap headset.. and maybe Fotus/emblem/avatar stuff, depending on if you want to put a price on it or not. I'd say it's well worth it. You can even sell the game to help pay for the LE game if you want.

I mean, sure they could have thrown in some free points or something, but when you look at it, you really do get what you pay for.. and if you're a hardcore Halo fan, the design etc. should easily make up for any loss in points. The only thing I think they screwed the console over on is what the OP stated, it doesn't come with a Gold trial, which makes no sense when you take into consideration that somebody that buys a console is more likely to not have Gold.

I'm a Halo fan.  I bought the Legendary edition of Halo 3 with the cool helmet display piece.  It just seems like they're going in the wrong direction value wise with the special editions of games and consoles.  The ultimate money saver would be the $250 console (Not sure if it has 1 or 2 controllers)...sell off the Kinect if you're not into it..buy the standard edition Halo 4 game and a war games map pass.  But that would have been the best money saver if you played before Nov. 20th unless the specs become available later on.

Oh yea, I agree, that would have been the money saver combo if you were looking for just a console with a good amount of memory, the game and map pass. Just saying the bundle is worth what it's priced at when you really look at what's in the package. Lucky me I got it for a steal basically though, as I could not have afforded it otherwise lol. It's a nice upgrade from my old 120GB Elite model.

I have the black elite with the 120 gig harddrive.  I have almost 200 arcade games stored on it and a few games installed on my harddrive and still have plenty of space lol.  My friend gave me one of the Halo 4 console controllers as a gift for loaning him the money to buy the Halo 4 console.  Had I known that it didn't come with at least one of A) A one year gold membership B) 1600 MS points or C) The War Games map pass, I wouldn't have given him the greenlight to get it.

The 320 gigs was worth it imo. I also very much need the extra space. Don't tell me to remove arcade games and download them later. That is just a waste of time. I should not have to even bother doing that thank you very much. I also think the console looks cool. So it was well worth the money.