No games working at all.

Hi there.

I recently got back from a 3 day holiday and had bought a copy of Fallout: New vegas (yes it's British as I went to see some family in Essex.)

As I put the disc in the tray I encountered a problem I'd had before.

A few seconds into the game I see "The disc is unreadable."

So I think "I know, I'll install it to my hard drive that usually works." ( As this had happened with Bioshock 2 and I resolved it this way.)

So I install it and start the game and I receive a "The game could not start. Please download the game again..... It's a disc.

I try and try and try and finally I get to play a 5 minute session before the game crashes again.

I have an original Xbox which doesn't help but it has been fine for the last few months.

The disc has no scratches except for a slight one on the center which may be causing this.

I also tried to start up my copy of Halo:Reach and that didn't work either, just a black screen.

I had problems before I even put the disc in the tray too.My Xbox was starting up it was at the spinning Xbox logo when I heard a strange sound coming from my Xbox and the screen cut out.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It sounds like your console's DVD drive is failing.  Even if you install your games to the hard drive, they may not be installing correctly.  First try clearing the cache on your hard drive.  Also try running games without your hard drive attached.  If you still have problems your console needs a repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.