No credit card

I have been trying to download a game for my grandaughter. I have 2000 or more points. I have discontinued my credit card. Am I still able to download games as long as I have the points? When I confirm download I get " The Xbox system is down" or something like that. But when I check the system it is "up and running"

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think you are having problems because you don't have a vaild payment method associated with your xbox live membership and will have to put one on before you can purchase content with ms points.

-

More information on payment methods here: support.xbox.com/.../remove-xbox-live-payment-option

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you get an error code? If you have points, I am pretty sure you do not need a card on file if you wish to only use pre-paid methods of payment.

Sorry this didn't help.

The card I have on file was canceled because my number was compromised. I never bothered to take it off my account because I never use it to purchase things. My son's account has no card associated with it at all and he can still use points to purchase things. If you only use pre-paid cards there is no reason to have a credit card associated with your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey hey homie, Digital Assassin is incorrect. You do have to have Billing information on the account (such as a billing address) in order to redeem a PPC, but not necessarily a credit card. So, if you're having an issue with making purchases, and its telling you that the xbox service is down, its likely has something to do with your connection. What exactly, I can't tell you, I just know that a routine fix for these kind of things is to just power cycle your network equipment for like 5 minutes. Try this man, and good luck, I hope you get your little one back to gaming soon ;D

Sorry this didn't help.