No access to the Battlefield 3 beta for silver xbox live members

I've a lot of 48 hour trials that I wanted to use and the beta has been on live for a full week now so I was hoping I'd be able

to download it and give it a go today.

I still can't access it as it's still exclusive to gold members only.

I was wondering why you decided silver members wouldn't ever  get access to the beta?

To add to my annoyance I had bought Medal of Honor limited edition and unfortunately never activated

my online pass so never got access to the beta even though I should have had early access. 

I just wanted to give it a go.

Usually gold exclusive demos become available to silver members after a week.

Why not so with this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Because you need Gold to play with other people? It's that simple.

A 48 hour card allows you to be a "Gold" trial user, though. It's like someone buying a day pass to a public pool instead of the seasonal pass, then not letting them use the pool..

Why not so with this?

Those last 2 lines were where I was making my point.

Anyway Forza 4 demo is available for silver users now and it was exclusive to gold a week ago before the Battlefield 3 beta was put on there so in conclusion the Battlefield 3 beta won't be available to silver members at all fullstop.

I remember the crysis 2 demo when it came out being available after a week but it was a demo.

It's not even worth thinking about anymore because it's only on for a couple of more days.

Anyway that's the end of that.

I'll wait till the game finally comes out and hopefully it's not riddled with bugs.

Quinn

Did you redeem you 48 trial before trying to download it? The reason silver members can not get it is becouse you need gold to play online. I had the same issue with crysis 2 demo, so I created a new account on my system and used the free 30 days of Gold to download and play the beta. I assume you can do the same with a 48 hour pass

silver is not really a live member, its the default, and passes will not work for a GT that has ever been gold

[quote user="QuinnMaster"]

Why not so with this?

[/quote]it is not a demo.

#OP its not a demo. It's an online multiplayer beta and require a gold sub so you can play online. Forza4 is a single player demo which doesn't require a gold sub.

when you activate a 48hr pass you will notice on your profile on your console and on here,you are still classed as a free silver member not gold.