Ninja Gaiden 3 - No more decapitations .

[quote]Ever since the Ninja Gaiden series made the jump to 3D, Team Ninja has been unapologetic about the amount of gore packed into each game. Ninja Gaiden 3 will continue to provide visceral, bloody combat, but don't expect to see any more heads or limbs hit the floor.

According to a recent report from IGN, no matter how much slicing and dicing Ryu does in Ninja Gaiden 3, his vanquished foes will remain in tact. Why has the developer chosen to eliminate decapitations and limb removal from the series? "We don't think people want to see that anymore," the developer told IGN at Gamescom, adding, "They've already seen that."[/quote]

What the fans or NG think about it ? . Decapitations and limb hit the floor  is one my favorite features of NJ ... i am really going to miss them.

although this sounds good : "We are told Ninja Gaiden III is all about killing human beings. Team Ninja wants you to experience the feeling of your sword entering a person's body, hitting bone, and slicing through the torso. It wants these actions to feel realistic to the player, but that might be at odds with the fact that, in real life, heads and arms do come off. "

"

"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/19/team-ninja-nixes-decapitation-in-ninja-gaiden-3-explains-decision.aspx

"

"

"

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189256p1.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The feature itself was part of a gameplay strategy, so its very odd that they decided to remove it. Will it change gameplay alot? maybe not but it IS taking something away from the franchise that was an identifier of sorts. I suspect its to further spite Itagaki...I for one, will pick HIS new game coming in a year or so but forego this "hobbled" sequel.

It's cool that they're trying something else, but it used to be a very cool feature: First take off a limb to make them less deadly and then finish them off with a quick press of a button. I think I'll really miss that. Not because gore pleases me, but cause it really changed the way you played the game.

^^^

completely agree with you. If something worked great why removed it ? I think is just an excuse to please parents and media that are against gore, blood, violence in games. There is no doubt that the game will be great but a ninja that not decapitate some of their victim is not a ninja at all unless is a pacifist one  IMO.

[quote user="Knewrome"] I won't be surprised if NG3 turns out to be a PS exclusive.[/quote]

Well it's definitely coming to the 360 as the demo was available to play at gamescom last week, I've also got it pre-ordered, albeit reluctantly, the NG fan in me won't allow me to not buy it.

I think you're right about TN not being TN anymore other than in name, most of the NG2 staff did leave Tecmo to work at Valhalla with Itagaki and from the retarded decisions that have gone into NG3 so far it shows.

No decaps/delimbs, no essence, swords only (in single player) no Muramasa, no Flying Swallow, no Wind Run, Sword on Bone QTE's *sigh*, the addition of unneeded Multiplayer etc etc. I'm sure it will be a decent enough action game but I'm highly doubtful it will be a great NG game.

That is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a game developer, well maybe not, but it's close. It's like when they removed fatalities from Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe.

Glad to hear about the 360 version, Shigurui.  Hopefully the game will be worth a purchase.

I still need to try out Ninja gaiden 2.

Another dumb idea from the new Team Ninja. Yosuke Hayashi has no idea what makes an NG game, the more I see and hear about NG3 the less I want it.

The decapitations wer cool and all, but it was redundant. I felt that exclusive decapitations were a lazy finishing moves. Now I wouldn't vote them off or anything, but maybe mix up different finishing moves for NG3, also to include decapitations too...

That's complete blasphemy.  "They've already seen that."  Umm YEAH.  With that logic they shouldn't even be making a new game.  After all, we've already seen the general concept and look twice now.  The newer NG games have always been two of my favorite games ever, so naturally I WAS looking forward to this.  No longer.  A high-paced ninja slasher with no decapitations?  Insanity...  In NG2 I very much loved how there were finishing moves for enemies that got decapitated.  If there are neither of the two, I just might have to boycott the game.  Games are games but that's horse ***.  They might as well replace his sword with a foam wiffle bat that squeaks when he hits enemies, and give him a giant pink bow around his neck to top it off.  Grr.