Ninety-Nine Nights?

Does anyone have any opinions on this game?

Good or bad?

I picked it up today at gamestop for free haha. It was priced $2.99 but since I bought both Condemned games for $4.99 I got it free on some sort of sale. Was the only think else in that price range that looked interesting.

It will likely be a while before I get to playing it haha. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its a hack and slash game, very repetitive and its mostly mashing buttons, played the demo back in like 2006.

Condemned 1 & 2 for five bucks... nice!

Certainly worth what you got it for, OP.  It has its flaws, but overall pretty fun.  You vs. an army through multuple characters and paths, is pretty sweet.  One of the unlockable characters is sooo fun.  "Tree smash!"  Not that many games like it.  Love the music...  I paid full price for it, and found it to be with every penny.  1000/1000'd it.  Liked it more than the second one.  There's a good amount of replay value.  The end boss is not fun but certain super unlockable items and skills make it doable.  

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

Condemned 1 & 2 for five bucks... nice!

[/quote]

I know right!! Haha, i'm actually pretty surprised how good they are so far! I havent played Bloodshot yet but I played the first one for a few good hours earlier tonight and its great so far. For being so old its actually aged pretty well haha.

[quote user="Thookins"]

Certainly worth what you got it for, OP.  It has its flaws, but overall pretty fun.  You vs. an army through multuple characters and paths, is pretty sweet.  One of the unlockable characters is sooo fun.  "Tree smash!"  Not that many games like it.  Love the music...  I paid full price for it, and found it to be with every penny.  1000/1000'd it.  Liked it more than the second one.  There's a good amount of replay value.  The end boss is not fun but certain super unlockable items and skills make it doable.  

[/quote]

Sweet! Im pretty stoked to give it a try now!

I like the game. have been meaning to get the second one for ages. Some really cool characters i had a ton of fun with it.

[quote user="Thookins"]

[/quote]What Thookins said. But be warned mission failure means restarting this isn't a western check point based hand holding game by any means. But you will end up replaying many of the missions multiple times to 1000 point it anyway. A couple of the characters are downright stupid, there are 3 or 4 which make the game really fun though. And the demo for the sequel was so bad I didn't bother getting the sequel.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user="Thookins"]

[/quote]What Thookins said. But be warned mission failure means restarting this isn't a western check point based hand holding game by any means. But you will end up replaying many of the missions multiple times to 1000 point it anyway. A couple of the characters are downright stupid, there are 3 or 4 which make the game really fun though. And the demo for the sequel was so bad I didn't bother getting the sequel.

[/quote]

I found that out the hard way earlier I spent like 45 min on a mission earlier and I got killed on the end level boss and it set me alll the way back over again, I was like NOOOOOO >.< Haha.

It's a fun game for anyone who enjoys hack-n-slashes. I still have fond memories of it.

Yeah it's a pretty good and interesting kind of hack n' slash game, not too different from Dynasty Warriors. Only thing that bothers me is the strict ranking conditions for some missions like Divine Varfarrin, which I'm still trying to get an A rank on.