Ninecraft memory requirements

Hi, new to the xbox, so please be gentle with me!

We have bought a second hand xbox 360S for my son's birthday. The chap in GAME shop said it had 250GB of memory, but when we have installed the brand new Minecraft disc, trying to create a profile it asks us to "connect a memory unit or USB storage device"

Is the on board mempry not supposed to do this? My son is over the moon with his new XBOX, but now gutted as he can't play until we get this sorted. If the on board memory is insufficient, can I just use a regular USB stick in the back to get going?

Any help or advice gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Dave.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  It sounds as though you've purchased a 360 S (Slim) console.  These come standard with an internal 4 GB flash memory which is not nearly enough storage for games.

If the person at the game store told you that it can with 250GB hard drive then you should return the console to the store and tell them that you want the hard drive.  

The hard drive is a small square drive that is installed behind the vent on the right hand side of the console.  If you feel around near the rear of the right side you'll feel a release button that will remove the vent and show you the receptacle for the drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Player,

To elaborate on onyx's post, here's the support article with diagrams so you can see exactly where the hard drive should be located. As onyx mentioned, if you didn't get what you bought then I would return to the store for the hard drive or a refund. Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Just to add my two cents.

There is always the possibility the hard drive just came loose, if you check the link in the post above and remove and refit the hard drive that may fix the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.