Nightmare On Firebase... (Horror Stories)

With Operation Silencer finishing up, I was wondering if anyone has any horror stories from this past weekend? Gold matches with randoms, Silver matches against Reapers, etc... I don't really have any myself but I know I've seen enough Banshee's for awhile but for some reason I like fighting the Reapers. A friend told me he did a few gold matches with some randoms and it was INSANE. He said they kept dieing on WAves 3-5 and said the Husk were humping all over the place (LMAO) with the Ravengers being relentless.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]With Operation Silencer finishing up, I was wondering if anyone has any horror stories from this past weekend? Gold matches with randoms, Silver matches against Reapers, etc... I don't really have any myself but I know I've seen enough Banshee's for awhile but for some reason I like fighting the Reapers. A friend told me he did a few gold matches with some randoms and it was INSANE. He said they kept dieing on WAves 3-5 and said the Husk were humping all over the place (LMAO) with the Ravengers being relentless.

[/quote]

That made me lol.    The only horror stories I have involve a couple randoms that were either freeloading or dying non stop.  Other than that it went well.  I am learning not to use equipment unless I play with friends. I refuse to carry a free loader around. So if we get one of those, I have everyone die, then we go back to the lobby and kick that person.  Sometimes I lose equipment doing this but its better than trying to carry someone around thats not playing. 

The last few days were interesting to say the least..yesterday morning I was with a friend and we picked up 2 RANDOMS (with mics) and even after the plan was made they STILL ran off and died..one guy just left but before hand said "I'll be right back I gotta do something" in the middle of gold match vs GETH on wave 9 I think and he didn't comeback till 11!! I was seriously angry lol..

Hosting some games of Bronze on Saturday afternoon.  It was set to Any Ememy and Any Map.

One game of Firebase Glacier against the Reapers.  Wave 10 fail.

Hacking objective on the lowest level, I came round the back with my Krogan Soldier with Wraith and saw a team mate being bulldozed by a Brute.  So I ran to his aid.  Had the sucker down to one bar after hitting him with a couple of Carnages and Inferno Grenades.  Then I get downed by Cannibal.  I didn't have any MediGel at the time so I francially hammered A to extend my life but was flabbergasted when 2 remaining team mates were downed in quick succession.

I was so ashamed lol.  I've started playing Gold now so Bronze should have been really easy.

My run like hell moment was when I joined in with the group the other day Cruz and 4 brutes greeted me as I came in and as I was running away (in fear like a school girl I might add) a pair of banshees hunted me down as u ran around the map!

Oh yeah, fun times Krim lol. We got through it tho. @CAMAROBOY69, I don't blame you, randoms suck as is and for them to try to freeload? Yeah F that! I would die as well and go back to the lobby.

That's why 80% of the time I do silver now, because of randoms. It's rare to get four friends together at the same time. At least on silver if I get one crappy random and one decent random, and have a friend in the match it's not much of a problem and it's still fun/successful.

Nothing too bad. Played with a random who probably died around 50 times during a gold match. I bet the Banshees had horror stories to share though. We were literally killing them in seconds on Gold. This is why we need a platinum difficulty.

^ Try milliseconds. just kidding I'm not one to exaggerate.

I had one epic fail with my Quarian Infiltrator (on wave 10) got downed by a random Grenade and had a teammate walk right over my dead body to kill two husks then decided to ignore me with no threats nearby I still passed on using the medigel...the next guy downed after I bled out was the same guy who walked over me..no one could get to him by then and he bled out

Oddly they failed not because of death but because they failed to activate device #4 in time....if only they had had an Infiltrator on the team..or anyone with decent eyesight as it turned out the remaining two walked right past #4 (granted that arrow is sometimes tough to see)

Now maybe I should have used the Medigel..but come on dead uncloaked Infiltrator..why not revive?

Oh yeah and starting a Silver Game and having it be two handed by wave 6 was a riot..we got full extraction and each used one cobra and one medigel

Did two laps around the map to get the extraction...really didn't think that would work on Silver but it did.

Speaking of nightmares on Gold, I played with an N7 16 today on Firebase White Geth.

No joke.  I was like CAMA in another thread, I wanted to help him out, to get him 70,000 credits and the Commendation Pack.

Game starts and the guy runs off to the overhang where Bronze can be done and I'm like "Dude, get back here!  This is Gold!".  The wave starts and he gets downed.  I'm occupied because a team mate quits and the other tries to rescue the downed guy and gets downed himself.

So I'm left there to try and survive pretty much the entire wave on my own.  I do my best but I'm not Superman and I wasn't an Inflitrator.  It was a Wave 1 wash.

So I send the guy a message telling him to stick with me so I can help him out and get him his Commmendation Pack, get back to the squad screen and find he's quit the lobby.

He didn't even have the decency to reply.