Nier requirement??? need help

Hi, I have Xbox360-250G system for a month. I purchased few games and two with "xbox live" on top right coner. One is forza motorsport3 and runs okay. Another one is Nier and console is trying to read disc. Sometimes the screen shows black only and sometimes saying trying to play music. So I am so wondering in order to play Nier I will need a "gold membership" or do some update. Please advice. Thank You.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Nier for the XBOX 360 has single player only, the game should load to the menu just fine without XBOX Live that shouldn't be an issue. If for some reason your having some trouble running this game in particular I suggest doing the following - Clear your XBOX 360 System Cache. To do so follow these instructions: My XBOX > System Settings > Memory > Select Hard Drive - Press Y > Select Clear System Cache. Try to run the game after doing these steps, if it doesn't work then do the following, try to install the game to your XBOX 360 hard drive and see if this solves any problems. To install the disc to your hard drive follow the instructions written on this site: support.xbox.com/.../manage-game-library.aspx. You may want to connect your XBOX to the internet just once even if you plan on playing offline games as you may need critical updates for your games and possibly a system update as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks NinjA for suggestions. Unfortuantelly, both suggestions had been done and still nothing works. The second suggestion is good and all game discs have been install in console. The problem for not be able to install the Neir is the disc is still unreadable to console. So i wonder any other way to install the game.  Now I am worry about the disc has defect and I didn't keep receipt from store.  If it is true, I gonna be laughed again for supporting copyright from my friends in China.   !_!

Sorry this didn't help.

I would guess that there is some sort of problem with the disc itself then if other discs are working fine for you.

Sorry this didn't help.