NHL Series. None of them will work online

I have contacted EA support and have tried numerous suggestions by them. Most of them seem to revolve around the clock settings. Here is the rundown:

I have an older Xbox that worked great up until just before Xmas and then the HDMI stopped working. The component still worked but it was Xmas and I figured it was a good time to move to a slim model.

I got my new Xbox 360 S model at christmas and transferred my content via USB key and then transferred my licenses. I have played many hours of COD: Black Ops II, some Skyrim and a fair amount of Fallout: New Vegas and never ran into an issue. Then a group of friends and I were going to play NHL 13. We tried playing a bunch of games but each time the game would start to loop (where it would revert back to a previous faceoff) until eventually the game would lose sync and would error out. We then all joined separate online games and everyone else was able to play through a full game without issue while my game looped until it lost sync and errored out. Since then I have tried numerous things such as hooking my Xbox directly to my modem, putting it in the DMZ, etc. Eventually I hooked up my old Xbox and it works perfectly which means its not a connection issue. My old Xbox works flawlessly and never experiences a single loop/sync.

I suspect the internal clock on my new Xbox is not running at the correct speed or there is something wrong with it causing me to not be able to play any game in the NHL series online (tried NHL 12 as well and the same issue persists with the new console but works fine on the old console).

As mentioned I have been through EA support and followed their numerous suggestions (most of which were moot as they were suggestions on opening ports and checking my firewall, etc. but if that was the problem neither Xbox would work). At this point I know that both sides will blame each other and I will be the one stuck with a console that cant play an entire series of games.

I dont know if any actual MS/Xbox people actually check this forum but at this point I'm just shooting in the dark trying to get this fixed

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there!  Real, live Official Support here!  That is definitely a funky one.  For one thing, though, I would still try those connection steps.  I agree it seems unlikely while your old console is working, but from the description of the issue it really does present like a connection error.

Another thing I'm wondering is if any other games (possibly from the same publisher?) give you this issue.

Did you transfer any licenses when you changed consoles?  

Also did they walk you through redownloading the profile?  If not, we should definitely give that a try by heading into the Sign In screen and scrolling to the right to find the blank avatar there.

Please let us know how all that goes, and we'll get to the bottom of this! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I did all of the connection suggestions anyway and even put my Xbox in the DMZ of my modem so that it had my external IP and was fully open to the internet but the the issue remained. I have been a corporate IT tech for 13 years so I've tried just about everything under the sun as far as connectivity goes. Oh and I also took both my Xbox consoles to a friends who has been playing games without issue and was able to reproduce the exact issue. My old Xbox worked and my new Xbox didnt.

I have several other online games (Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo, etc.) and they all work fine.

As for redownloading my profile what I have been doing is hooking up a USB stick and copying my profile onto it and then putting it back on the Xbox I'm going to use. I will try redownloading to see if that helps.

The process I used when getting my new Xbox was from the document here on the site. I went onto my old Xbox and plugged in a USB memory stick. I transferred all my content to the USB stick and then powered off the old Xbox. I then plugged in the new Xbox and updated it to the latest dashboard and then plugged in the same USB stick and transferred all my content on to the new console. Once that was finished I went to my account settings on the new console and chose the "License Transfer" option. Is there a way to check that my licenses successfully moved to the new console?

I also just had an idea to try another NHL type game from EA. Its the 3 on 3 arcade version. I will try that and report back and will also try redownloading my profile as well.

Thanks for the response!

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried the 3 on 3 NHL Arcade and same issue.

For redownloading my profile I did the following:

- Copied my profile to my USB stick (just for safe keeping in case redownloading makes me lose anything)

- Restarted my Xbox and downloaded my profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Whoops just realized I didnt finish my post.

Even after redownloading my profile the same issue persists. I am still unable to play any NHL games (tried NHL 12, NHL 13 and 3 on 3 NHL Arcade)

Sorry this didn't help.

Havent heard from EA in 2 days... my case is still open and was escalated to the next level but nothing has happened. Hoping they arent just waiting for me to give up.

Miss Ermine any other suggestions for me to try?

Sorry this didn't help.

Darn. I was so excited when I had an actual XBL support rep respond. Hopefully someone sees this and can help. Its really frustrating not being able to play with my brother and friends

Sorry this didn't help.

bump.... HELP!

Sorry this didn't help.

My NHL 13 team is playing tonight and I cant join them as I cause everyone to lose sync and disconnect :(...

Please any suggestions are welcome! I really really want to fix this. Without being able to play the one franchise I buy every year and play with friends this new Xbox is little more than a beefed up media player!

Sorry this didn't help.

Well it appears I have been forgotten. Playing some COD: Black Ops II and it appears to be affecting this game as well now. Twice so far tonight my console has "frozen". I can still hear the other guy in my party and hes still playing but on one occassion I was stuck on the "Migrating Host" screen (the symbol wasnt doing its animation) and I asked if he dropped and he says nope hes still playing. The other time the round had just ended and was showing the scoreboard just before going back to the lobby. After a while I realized it was odd that I was still looking at the scoreboard and my friend was already in the lobby about to play the next map. In both cases he could hear me and I could hear him but my Xbox was unresponsive. If I hit the Xbox button it would make the noise like the Guide Menu has come up but after that nothing would work. Couldnt hit it again or move the menu around or anything (keep in mind I cant see the menu... just hear it come up). I have to power off the Xbox completely and then start it up again. At this point its clear to me that there is a hardware issue with my new Xbox. I am going to give another day or so to get a response here otherwise I'm going to either call it in or submit a repair request.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still hoping to hear from someone about this....

Sorry this didn't help.