NFS: the run is $15 at best buy today only.

Thread title, know this will die but for the price of an arcade game you get a game that is about 1 year old or so.  This will help the summer drought a bit for me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

NFS has been beyond garbage since Carbon. I would maybe pick it up for $5, if they paid for my gas.

hot pursuit wasn't too bad. it just got old.

Is this good in stores too?  I got some gift cards and rarely shop at Best Buy so this is tempting...

Hoping New Most Wanted is the same series. The 1st one was brilliant. Hoping Criterion does it correctly. I always been a fan of their Arcade Racers.

yes its good in stores, i picked it up. So far  its not bad. the trick is to ignore the NFS in the title. it could have been better. basically every race is "beat these people" with some thrown solo "get to this checkpoint before you run out of time"

and "beat this person before time runs out"

-

The premise of the game is actually really awesome. a 250 person race across the US. the problem is its scripted. you start in san fransisco and you have to get to new york. it would be awesome if you could be really really good and get to like 30th place while still in california but you cannot, its scripted. when you get to say, vegas, you are in 150th place no matter what. which ruins the immersion imo.

-

for $15, been playing about 2.5 hours and its not bad for $15. not to mention I can trade it in when I am done.

Need for Speed: The Run is a terrible game in my opinion.

-

Looks fairly good but the cars handle like crap, the quick time events don't belong and then we get to hit detection which is some of the dodgiest I've ever experienced.

-

Then there is terrible rubber banding, no matter how well you drive or how many short-cuts you take, the others cars will always be on your back. You can never get away from them.

-

Also annoying is how on some tracks you are allowed to go off by a massive amount and pull back on but on others you clip the verge and get rewound to the last checkpoint.

-

I got to the last race and just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just lost all interest.

I haven't gotten to far, like there are 10 sections I just did 3, so far only 1 quick time event and it wasn't like it was terrible.

haven't had any hit detection isses, some times it does kick you off the track for no reason though but only happened 2 times so far.

the rubber banding thing hasn't happened to me  but it is impossible to make an AI crash to the point that he will come in last.

-

the worst part of the game is it could have been great. it should have been 1 giant race ( with stop for car switches) from 1 side of the country to the other. 250 player race? yes please. sadly, the game is basically 6 player races 50 times to get to first. or so.

I bought this for $40 in March. It was good, but the story line is short, and the online competitive play is overrun by people who just wanna nudge into you and fly by for the win.  It's unbalanced.

The Forza's are my favorite.

was recently $7.50 used at Gamefly.