Next-Gen Consoles need to become even more wireless (TV/AC cables)

Cables can be quite a lot considering how many devices a person uses, but if the cables were made into wireless with two parts A and B, basically a transmitter (automatically rechargeable), it would definitely be better and have a cleaner room containing little to no cables.

-

Nintendo forgot this one for Wii U, er, guess they're not all that innovative. :P

-

P.S.: The LAN cable is still far better than a WiFi connect due to stability (rarely ever drops) and security.

-

Goodbye.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I disagree, when it comes to gaming on a console, wired is the only way to go anything else is not as reliable...

Wired FTW, other than as far as a controller goes.

I like my heavy wireless controllers : )

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I like my heavy wireless controllers : )

[/quote]I take them for granted now but when I got my Launch 360, it was the coolest thing to me. 

=

Yeah I'm more or a wire guy. Even with the internet I have my consoles, pc and all that stuff in a different room from the router. So I bought a switch (dirt cheap) drilled a hole or 2 for one very long ethernet cable that goes from the router to my switch and now I everything plugged into that.

Not to say this wireless shouldn't be an option, as long as it doesn't bump the price up a lot. It it brings the price up by an extra 50, no way.

If anything, I'd rather have a wired controller because I'm getting tired of dealing with batteries in controllers.

Wireless sucks.

I hate wires, cords, and cables. Each and every one of them. They look messy, and they always find a way to tangle. Secretly, they plot to join forces to become the world's biggest, most tangled up knot. That is the truth.

-

But I do use an ethernet cable for my xbox.

Wireless is cool, but it's not that dependable yet.

You can argue that it can be just as effective but it's not efficient when the cost will likely be very high.

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

If anything, I'd rather have a wired controller because I'm getting tired of dealing with batteries in controllers.

[/quote]I'd rather they rechargeable battery packs when you buy the controller. Plus battery technology needs to improve drastically for everything.

Yeah, recharageable batteries probably were the best investment I've ever made. Probably has saved me so much money because I didn't need to buy a pack of batteries every week.

-

Wireless AV cables? No, too much money for the standard console. I suppose they could make an after market one for people to purchase, but I wouldn't need it. AV cables are out of the way and it's not like I trip over them or anything.

No thanks.