News regarding windows 8 and Xbox 360 integration

I just read an article regarding windows 8 and Xbox like integrating with each other. The possibility of PC players  being able to join up in multi player  mode with Xbox players concerns me greatly. I hope that MS will be working a a way to even up the controller responses between  a mouse/keyboard  and xbox game controller. PC gamers have an unfair advantage in response and accuracy currently.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only solution I can see is auto aim for console players and no auto aim for PC users. But then PC players will be in here moaning about unfair advantages.

First of all, this is only a rumour NOT confirmed news.  What the rumour actually says is that you can play Xbox 360 games on a Windows 8 PC, meaning they are still required to use a controller, not the keyboard/mouse, as the game is still a 360 (not PC) game. 

So there saying that we will be able to play 360 games on a pc?? Can anyone link to this article?

[quote user="haz2901"]

So there saying that we will be able to play 360 games on a pc?? Can anyone link to this article?

[/quote]

Sweet Jesus if this is true.

But I doubt it would be.

[quote user="haz2901"]

[/quote]C-Net

EscapistMagazine

Techspot

As I said earlier, these are only rumours.

I've seen this on Gamespot and Joystick, it's just rumors.  However knowing what I know about hardware I can't see how this could be done.  PC's use Intel X86 based processors,  while the 360 uses PowerPC hardware which is totally different.  Basically the PC would have to emulate the 360's tri cored 3.2GHz processor, something that is not to be taken lightly. 

PCs don't always use Intel processors.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

PCs don't always use Intel processors.

[/quote]

I was expecting someone to say that.  That is true, they also use AMD, but AMD processors are also X86.  Windows hasn't supported PowerPC since Windows NT4.0 and it's not changing.  It will be supporting ARM achitecture as a version will be designed to run on Tablet computers, but not as I know PPC, so I can't see it being able to run Xbox games.

I don't understand why people think that we will be able to play Xbox 360 games on Windows 8 just because it will have Xbox LIVE integrated.

I mean Xbox LIVE is integrated into Windows Phone 7 and you don't expect to play Xbox 360 games on them, do you? It will be the same - an integration of Xbox LIVE so you'll have your friends list, achievements, gamerscore and possible some Arcade Games.

It's far more likely that a windows 8 xbox edition will exist than 360 games will be playable on pc. I don't see how microsoft can create a 360 emulator without massive overhead and make it run on anything but the best, high end gaming pc's.