newest dashboard update SUCKS!

did the update thing. now my xbox cant support any of my games that i have a disc for. wth? i tried to play halo reach and it will  not support it anymore. i can install it just fine so i know the disc readable by my xbox but it wont let me play them.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unless you have a modded 360, you are eligible for a brand new Xbox 360 S with 250GB HDD.

for reference which console do you have? Jasper? Original?

Contact Microsoft and tell them what happened, they will replace your console with a Xbox360 S free of charge.

I haven't had any problems with it.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]Contact Microsoft and tell them what happened, they will replace your console with a Xbox360 S free of charge.

[/quote]Just wondering where this was written.  I'm not all over the forums but I'd like to see it...just in case.  I haven't turned mine on in 3-4 days but probably will tomorrow.

This has just reminded me, might as well update mine now.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]Contact Microsoft and tell them what happened, they will replace your console with a Xbox360 S free of charge.

[/quote]Just wondering where this was written.  I'm not all over the forums but I'd like to see it...just in case.  I haven't turned mine on in 3-4 days but probably will tomorrow.

[/quote] I looked it up for more information and apparently I got my info mixed up, it's not for this update but a previous one, my apologises.

I have not yet received a dashboard update, I have one of the older consoles as much as I want a new one for free I rather keep mine because all the DLC on it for other profiles to play. Does anyone else not get the DBU yet and if not is it a older console?

[/quote]Here's the article I read recently....

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-to-replace-older-xbox-360s-borked-by-software-update-957123?src=rss

You should be notified with an email like THIS if you are eligible.

[quote user="fotyfoe"]

[/quote]Here's the article I read recently....http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-to-replace-older-xbox-360s-borked-by-software-update-957123?src=rss

You should be notified with an email like THIS if you are eligible.[/quote]I wonder how much the "free" consoles will set MS back?  IAnd I wonder how MS will know the consoles are actually "borked" by the update, as the article said?