Newbie Questions

Hi all,

I really enjoyed the Diablo III demo so I picked up the retail game and am loving it as well.  I have a few newbie questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me:

- Is there a way to set your public game options to a new default setting?  The game always seems to start with it as Friends Only when I want to change it to, and keep it at, Invite Only.

- I'm assuming Brawling is PvP (I've been playing solo thus far so nothing's in the arena when I've gone there).

- My demo character imported without issue, however some of the Challenges require you to read certain books.  The ones I red in the Demo though do not appear to be counting towards my Challenges.  So Cain's Journals that you recover from his house in New Tristram, I read them in the demo but they're not showing up as read for the Challenge.  Anyway to rectify this?

Thank you!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think there is a way to change the default to friends only, it only takes a second to change it across to invite only though.

-

Brawling is PvP, but its not worth worrying about, its a bit rubbish to be honest.

-

No way to rectify the book loss on your first playthrough, besides reading the books again, which you will do when your on your second playthrough (nightmare mode).  Another way around this is to re-do the quests again, which you can do going via chapter select, before pressing "continue" on the main title screen.

[quote user="LadyHawk"]

I don't think there is a way to change the default to friends only, it only takes a second to change it across to invite only though.

-

Brawling is PvP, but its not worth worrying about, its a bit rubbish to be honest.

-

No way to rectify the book loss on your first playthrough, besides reading the books again, which you will do when your on your second playthrough (nightmare mode).  Another way around this is to re-do the quests again, which you can do going via chapter select, before pressing "continue" on the main title screen.

[/quote]

Thanks for the replies, LadyHawk.

- Yeah, manually changing it certainly isn't the end of the world.  Was just curious if there was a default option.

- In my opinion PVP was always rubbish in any Diablo title, just wasn't sure if that's what Brawling actually was here or not.  At least they seem to have formalized it properly this time out.

- Ah, that's what I figured to, it'll be "corrected" on my next run.  Simple enough then.

Thanks kindly!

--
Juxtapose13

Hey come on, PvP in D2 was legit, only if you were running a Hardcore chcaracter!  LOL

[quote user="Du Hass"]

Hey come on, PvP in D2 was legit, only if you were running a Hardcore chcaracter!  LOL

[/quote]

Nah, it totally didn't do it for me then either.

--
Juxtapose13

Hi all,

A few more questions, if I may:

- On non-Hardcore, can someone please explain the different resurrections after death.  Basically, when I die, I'm presented with three options.  I don't remember the exact wording, but it's something along the lines of: Resurrect at Last Checkpoint, Resurrect Now, Resurrect in Town.  I always use "Resurrect Now" and get right back into it, and the only penalty I see is that all my items drop in 10% durability.  I'm assuming "Resurrect at Last Checkpoint" does just that and you loose progress.  In general though, what are the Death Penalties?  Back in the old days, you'd loose Gold and then need to retrieve your Corpse to get your gear back...

- My copy of the game came with the Unique Infernal Helm.  How good exactly is this Helm?  Outside of the XP bonus, I'm not overly impressed with it.  I'm guessing it's designed for newer, low level characters to level up faster but after a bit, it's obsolete until you're next new character?

- I also have the Angelic Wings, a cosmetic item, however whenever I load up my game or die I always need to re-equip them.  Is there a way to keep them equipped by default like all your other equipment?

Thank you again!

--
Juxtapose13

---

Hello "Juxtapose13"  :)

---

I played a lot of Diablo 1 (I had a level 90 something Warrior) and Diablo 2 / Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction (I had a level 87 Barbarian) and here are the answers to your questions.  Just so you know, I don't play on the " Hardcore " setting, just the " Non-Hardcore " setting and I only have 1 character in Diablo 3; her name is Princess Mia and she is a level 60 Paragon Level 11 Female Wizard.

---

In regards to loosing XP and Gold upon death, it isn't an issue anymore in Diablo 3 because your items just loose durability (as far as i could tell, you didn't loose any XP and Gold at all when you died).  If you choose the option to re-spawn in town, you will have all of your gear with you and won't have to retreive it like you used to have to in Diablo 2 / Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction.  When you choose the " Restart from last Checkpoint " option, you will re-spawn in an area prior to a boss battle (you cannot join another player who is currently enganged in a boss battle.  If you were in the boss battle and then choose the option to respawn in town or the last checkpoint, you have to wait until whoever is left in the boss battle to defeat the boss or all of the remaining players leave the boss battle when they re-spawn.

---

The " Infernal Helm " in my opinion is only useful until you reach level 10.  After that, most players tend to use better Helms from this point forward.  With that said, please understand that the " Infernal Helm " is very useful indeed, but the extra 25% experience per kill isn't worth missing out on the other cool effects of the Helms that you will get as your gear improves.  If the bonus experience is really important to the player, I recommend find a socketable Helm (preferably with other benefits) and then using a Ruby to gain extra experience per kill.

---

I love using the " Angelic Wings " and unfortunately, you have to turn them back on every single time you start a new game or after you re-spawn (I am not sure about turning the " Angelic Wings " after re-spawing; but if the game threats your death as being equivalent to starting a new game, then you most definitely need to turn them back on).

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

Thank you kindly, @Lei Fang DOAX3 , you've answered all my q's!

I also played Diablo, though I played a crazy amount of Diablo II and it's expansion.  In Diablo II, I had several characters of all different classes save the Druid, whom I never used.  My mains were Paladins and Assassins, and I had a lot of fun Necromancers and Amazons.  I also never played Hardcore.

--
Juxtapose13

---

Hello "Juxtapose13"  :)

---

You're welcome  :)

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

What do the Angelic Wings even do.  I have two or three pairs on my chest and have never used them (as far as I know?)

Let me know......

They are just cosmetic, try them out. They give you angel wings.

www.diablowiki.net/Angelic_Wings