New Xbox

Eidos VP Livingstone spread panic! http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-720-could-block-used-software-says-eidos-president-6404465?

Ian Livingstone said, that NEW XBOX will need ALWAYS-ON internet connection and uses watermarks to prevent you use your game disc with second console! So answer to customers, before they go and pre-order PS4. It is true? Or it is BS? Because there is so many bad brodband in world that many customers prefer still play offline. And there is so many reasons when you want play offline. Some examples:

1. You live outside city, where you cant get any normal broadband services. So you use some mobile USB stick to get internet at all. And with that you can't use xbox or it's uncomfortable us it with xbox.

2. When something happens with you line and you do not have next 2-24h internet connection.

3. When you move from one house to new one. Then it can be possible 1 monht blackout.

4. And many opther reasons.

So it's really really bad idea using ALWAYS-ON internet rule! If Microsoft does something like that, he will lose many customers. Many customers going to buy PlayStation 4 after that.

And another thing. USing some watermark system to prevent use your game disc on another console? Really? Do you think it is family friendly? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If you use thing like that it's everything else than Family friendly. I have 2 xbox's in home. One in living room and another one children room. So You wanna tell me that if I buy game I can't use it with second xbox? Really? Me and other families are not agree with that. We never ever going to pay for second game if we already bought one game. We want use it with any consoles we have! I am not going by second game disc if me or my children want play game in different room with different xbox! If you are going to prevent us to do that - Microsoft will lose 60% customers! So think about it.!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

yea, it's all rumour. Plus, I read a recent article today that says there is confirmation that PS4 will not be doing that to used games. If they did, it would be the silliest move ever.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah, dont believe anything since it's still too early and everything is still in the rumor and speculation stage of things. I've seen many people say the same thing about not being able to play used games on the PS4 too.

Sorry this didn't help.

This post belongs in the feedback forum.

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

-

I would advise not to believe everything you read on the internet. Wait until MS actually announces something and then rage if needed.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.