NEW XBOX WILL NOT SUPPORT USED GAMES?

I was just wondering if anyone else heard that the new xbox"720" will not support used games ,my opinion is this is a terrible idea i understand that the developers don't see any of the credit from used game witch sucks but we have been buying and trading used games for 20 plus years and me personally would not be able to afford most ot the games i have now if it wernt for used games take a game like mw3 or gears how many new copies have did the sell the first day,,,,,ya alot! if they want credit i think they should work something out with the video game stores to get some kickback from used games they are making enough off of them to kickback some profit i would think.....i mean i know 20 for a week old new game and goes back on the shelf for 55 redic. but thats a little off the subject.  Let me here your feedback Thanks guys and ladies!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is just rumors for now.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

The new PlayStation will not support new games and ohh look the sky is falling. <end sarcasm>

The only good rumours are from Fleetwood Mac!

oh i hope that isnt true.  I actually thought they sorted this issue with the online pass, that i understand. But to stop second hand games working is not good. I guess the "trade your old game" market will end. Yet again its the small guys that suffer.

While I don't agree with this practice, one thing I will never understand is why people would say "have the used game seller give some of their profits to game developers."   Where do you live where you'd readily give some of your money to someone else, for basically doing nothing?  Gamestop (for example) isn't just going to give away its profits, no matter how much they get.  They are a business, and making money is the name of the game.

And yet when you look at it the money Gamestop makes from used sales is them making money for doing nothing. There should be a commission on used sales that goes to the people who actually did all the work and are hoping to make enough money from sales to pay off the money they borrowed to pay the teams of programmers and artists who made the game and then put more money into making another game. Rather than shut their doors and declare bankruptcy because Gamestop sold more used copies of the game than new.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

And yet when you look at it the money Gamestop makes from used sales is them making money for doing nothing. There should be a commission on used sales that goes to the people who actually did all the work and are hoping to make enough money from sales to pay off the money they borrowed to pay the teams of programmers and artists who made the game and then put more money into making another game. Rather than shut their doors and declare bankruptcy because Gamestop sold more used copies of the game than new.

[/quote] So if you bought a used car you would you also give money to the manufacturer for they're hardwork?

[quote user="l mr purple l"]

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[/quote] So if you bought a used car you would you also give money to the manufacturer for they're hardwork?

[/quote]

Exactly. The developer already made their money from that disc. Should they be paid, 2, 3 or 4 times for one item that they've already sold to someone else? Of course not. The one getting paid is the one who legally owns the item... Just like a used car.

They should go to all digital downloads, follow the same format as the phone and put Gamestop out of business.  It doesn't matter so much to me, but my renting 5-6 games a month from gamestop for $20 suddenly would go to $360 a month if I bought them.  The good news with digital downloads is that it would lower the price of everything.

No disks, no cases, no user guide, no physical distribution, no returns...  Would they actually lower the cost?  Probably since you can't sell the games back, there would be a new sweet spot of about $30 per game where they would make their most money.

Remember that nintendo 64?  You could throw it around and kick it and it wouldn't break.  Why because there's no moving disk to insert.  Having a CD drive causes all sorts of problems from design, testing, warrenty... Microsoft lost a lot from all those returns.  Yeah not all were from the drive, but it's a lot harder to design a console with a CD drive.

So Pros:

1. The console would cost less and be smaller/lighter.

2. The games would cost less.

3. Microsoft and the publishers get more money

Cons:

1. People with no internet can't get games.  (Maybe have  microSD card at a higher cost, I'd say no to this though)

Now let me tell you why Microsoft doesn't want people without internet to buy an xbox:

They refused to sell to the US Amy because they only buy 1 or 2 games and lose money on console sales.

Sorry if I sound like a snob, but someone without any internet is not very likely to buy many games or they'll buy used games.  If you can't afford an internet connection, you're probably not going to be buying many games a month.  These are not ideal customers for microsoft.  They want people on their Zune network.

If you live in a rural area, you can get a dish to get internet.  It might not be the best internet, but you'd still be able to download games.

dan

Hmm I wonder how that would work? A code like you get with pc games? If that's the case would be better off investing in a gaming pc, as pc gaming is supposed to be superior anyway.

Can't support digital until they sort out console prices. Tales forever for a game to drop. At least Steam has better prices. Also doesn't sort out the problem with little to no connection. Also stupid to say people without a connection don't buy as much games. Just means they buy games with quality campaigns.  Although, I can see why devs hates these people.  They will actually have to make a solid single player campaign to attract them.