New xbox user

Hi all . Just bought our son his first xbox and he loves it . Have set myself a profile as i might just have a go myself lol .

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome, I hope that you have a great time with the console. Be ready to spends some money with the amount of great games coming out in the near future. And if you a Gamestop in the area, get a PowerUp Rewards card.

Gamestop PowerUp Card

Also, you can try out the soon to be new features of the Kinect coming this Fall. Just find the Kinect Fun Labs on the dashboard, you can download other applications for it and it is all free. And the best part MS gives away free achievements with these applications.

Definately check out the parental settings.  Depending on how old your son is, you may want to shield him from some of the crazyiness that is xbox live!  My son's settings are:  I approve friend requests (they are currently people we know in real life and occasionally friends of friends), I have voice communication to friends only, and status visable to friends only!  

Thanks for the tips all he is 11 years old. He loves it and cant get him off it lol . I must admit i have been having a go myself on the Kinect sports games and am hooked on the bowling and am having loads of fun x .

Kinect is the way to go for full family fun.  Not to mention how man new Kinect games they just listed that will be out this year. :)

lol.....how many not how man.   sorry forgot to edit  :facepalm:

Welcome to xbox live... A good kinect game is dance central. check it out some time

lol@ fyerball ..... Dance central looks fun so may just have to invest in that one lol . My son is away for the week now camping so i promised him i would look after his xbox lol .

Welcome to XBOX LIVE and the forums Girl Pink!  And your son too!

Thx Chickin x