New Xbox 360 update removed the option to change storage device.

I do not like the fact that, Microsoft removed this feature when downloading games or movies in the marketplace. For example, when I down loaded a game or movie on the old dashboard I had this option. When the new dashboard was installed, I noticed the option to change storage device at the beginning of the download, wasn't there. However, the way to get this option, is completely cumbersome, and dumb. I have to download two items, and switch the path of the item that is pending download. Then, I have to cancel the item that was downloading, and restart it's download. My point is.. I do not like when ALL my movies and games be downloaded to the hard drive, instead on my memory stick/unit etc. It would be nice to have that option back. I would like to choose where my downloads go. Anybody else irritated with this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 260 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Amen.

Whoever is in charge of this [Mod Removed] Can't change the location that I signed up with? Why? Can't redeem a Microsoft point card in a different country? WHY? NOW THIS? I WANT TO DOWNLOAD MY SCRATCHED GAME, BUT NO, BECAUSE I CAN'T SWITCH TO MY [Mod Removed] MEMORY UNIT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, you can curse out everyone in the world, but that's not going to solve this issue.  1. you could never redeem a Points card in a different region because they are, and have always been region based.  If you buy a points card from canada, you can't use it in the US, or vis versa.  Only subscription codes are universal.   2. Installing games has and always will go to the hard drive, as that is where the game will access it from.  Memory Units are 512mb-1gb AT MOST, a game install is 5-6gb AVERAGE (See, I can post in caps too, only I actually make sense).  Your logic is flawed my friend.  

As for downloads, you can always copy and move content from the hard drive to a USB Drive or a Memory Unit after it's downloaded.  One extra step.  Not too bad.

Sorry this didn't help.

you can never change the region of your account this is with most webbased services

it reduces fraudulant charges  coming from different countries

Sorry this didn't help.

please please please bring back the option xbox i beg of u

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there jainhl18, what's up?  Please post a new thread detailing what's going on, and we'll be happy to take a look at it for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

jainhl18 I agree with you 100% I do not like having everything going to one drive. Removing the ability to choose which drive to download different items to is a pain at the very lest. I hope that MS fixes this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yo SteampunkPagan (Awesome GT, BTW).  You'll want to hit up our suggestion/wishlist Forums over here: forums.xbox.com/.../133.aspx  Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

YESSSSSSSS i want to download halo 3 to my xbox, and its going to the xbox storage device, not the memory stick. i have 7.0 gb on the memory stick, but on console memory, only 2.6, and all my memory on the xbox its too valuable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there listerenespray,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your download of Halo 3.

As this thread is several months old, please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so we can tailor our support to your individual needs. 

Sorry this didn't help.

hi mister fizzle. thank god you've come to help. As you see, I'm having some troubles with downloading halo 3.I've tried what Y9power suggested, but that didnt work. i tried something my friend told me, about canceling the download then changing the storage device,but that no work.(haha i hear halo 4 going in my house.) i just think that changing that for everyone would be good. everyone would love it. (and can you make it so you don't need a hard drive to have a file share? i would love that. i made a post about it.)  I would love Xbox way more if this came. how bout make a update for everyone bringing back that option? and make a update for halo 4 that changes the need for a hard drive to have a file share. is mister frizzle an Xbox GT? I would love to friend you. anyways, change this please. thank you for actually paying attention to me!

Sorry this didn't help.