New to Fallout

Hey is thinking about buying either Fallout 3 or NV but i don't which to buy. What do you recommend? I'm new to series and i'm a big fan of Skyrim and Oblivion. Are they anything either of those?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go with Fallout 3 GOTY edition.Then pick up New Vegas.

Your best bet is Fallout 3 GOTY. You can get it for under 15 caps on Amazon (buy the used version and pay no taxes). The Ultimate edition of New Vegas is sill kind of high at 36.00 caps Less buggy too.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3

If you can only play one I would say play New Vegas.   If you can play both, play 3 then New Vegas.

I'll second that.  If you're going to go with just 1, make sure you get an edition of the game which consists of all the dlc.

Play both, but play Fallout 3 before New Vegas. They're both good, but it would be better to play Fallout 3 first, trust me on this. Also get the full-DLC versions of both.

You could pick up both Fallout 3 game of the year and the New Vegas ultimate edition cheap enough. They will keep you busy for months.

[quote user="JASON244853"]

Hey is thinking about buying either Fallout 3 or NV but i don't which to buy. What do you recommend? I'm new to series and i'm a big fan of Skyrim and Oblivion. Are they anything either of those?

[/quote]New Vegas is more dialogue-heavy while Fallout 3 is more action-heavy, so it's which ever style you like more.  I think New Vegas is a lot better overall (it's a deeper RPG, there are more items and gameplay elements, the story is a lot better and a lot less linear, and it's closer to the original games than Fallout 3 in terms of style and consistency with the lore), but if you like Oblivion and Skyrim, you might enjoy Fallout 3 more.  Oblivion and Skyrim are both pretty heavy on action, and Fallout 3 is a lot more like that than New Vegas.  Word of warning: both have their fair share of glitches (like Oblivion and Skyrim), so save often and always back up your saves