New to Elder Scrolls

Im new to the series but am avidly awaiting Skyrim.  I was going to buy Morrowind and Oblivion to get into it but knew I wouldn't have time between now and when its released.  Anyway can anyone sort of give me an overview of the game?  Anything that is different pretty much from other rpg's.  Also, are there any other pre order bonuses besides the map, wheres the best place to get it from?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do yourself a favor and pick up Morrowind and Oblivion anyway.  They are the best console RPG's there is.

I second this

I unboxed my old Xbox and fired up a new game of Morrowind.  I made an Argonian and proceeded to kill every filthy Dunmer(Dark Elf) I came across for enslaving the Argonians.

1st, I agree with the previous suggestion. Buy both Morrowind and Oblivion. They are both classics! You won't be sorry. What makes the Elder Scrolls series so great? Depth of gameplay, huge environments. If you see a huge mountain way off in the distance, it's not just for show, you can actually travel to it by horse or on foot and climb it! The depth of the quests and all the factions involved is immense. You will easily get a minimum of 300 hours of game play by just scratching the surface. If any game is worth the money you pay for, an Elder Scroll game is.

i wish morrowind was available in stores like gamestop, and i don't buy anything online. it'd be nice if they put it up on xbla, but i don't see that happening any time soon, and it's even less likely that they'd ever do a hd remix.

I really miss Morrowind. Levitation, Morag Tong, the Great Houses, Cliff Racers! Umm, maybe not Cliff Racers.

Oblivion is such a good game.

[quote user="Lax"]

Cliff Racers! Umm, maybe not Cliff Racers.

[/quote]

Lore does say Jiub pushed all the survivors to Skyrim...

[quote user="Lax"]

I really miss Morrowind. Levitation, Morag Tong, the Great Houses, Cliff Racers! Umm, maybe not Cliff Racers.

[/quote]

I like when the man falls out of the sky and his corpse has the super jump potion...next to being a werewolf best video game occurance evaaaar

[quote user="BootstrapGolem"]

i wish morrowind was available in stores like gamestop, and i don't buy anything online. it'd be nice if they put it up on xbla, but i don't see that happening any time soon, and it's even less likely that they'd ever do a hd remix.

[/quote]I'm suprised it's not on Games on Demand, or is it?