New Star Wars franchise to be unveiled next week

Oh let me guess another crappy Kinect game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-25-new-star-wars-franchise-to-be-unveiled-next-week

ByFred DuttonPublished 25 May, 2012

LucasArts to reveal "bold vision".

A brand new Star Wars game franchise is currently in the works at LucasArts and will be unveiled next week.

Spike TV has the scoop and plans to go public with more information next Thursday in its GTTV show.

"I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new 'Star Wars' title," teased Spike host Geoff Keighley.

"I can't wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it."

There's no word on what platforms it's coming to or when it might see release.

The brand's most recent video game outing was the underwhelming Kinect Star Wars on Xbox 360 earlier this year. BioWare's MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic launched last December to solid reviews but subscriber numbers have recently been falling.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why no Battlefront 3???????

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

Why no Battlefront 3???????

[/quote]

Because Lucasarts are idiots who would rather release crap like TFU and Kinect Star Wars

Of all the things, we're literally throwing our money at them to make a Star Wars: Battlefront III, and they're not listening.

me don't want it anyway!

This sums up Lucasarts.

[View:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oSmneHSBf4Y/S-LqayyqvCI/AAAAAAAAAFA/RXCA_WS0H-M/s1600/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg]

What is the ratio of good Star Wars games to bad?

What ever it is Im sure it will have Kinect on the cover.  The only decent Star Wars game Ive played in the past 5 years has been the Lego games.

Another Republic Commando game would be cool too.

A new Battlefront would be fun, but I can think of a few more Star Wars franchises that need another sequel first.

And the OP is kind of....well confuses me. You act like they have released a dozen different Star Wars Kinect games....there have only been one.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

What is the ratio of good Star Wars games to bad?

[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet there are far more good Star Wars games than bad. I've played a ton of them, and the only ones I can recall being bad were the fighter on the PS1 and a Battlefront style game(but only with ships) on the PS1....I can't remember its name but it was kind of meh.