new player diablo 3 x box 360 witch doctors questions

I am at level 29, act 3, using easy setting. I have not yet figured out how to strike/block using;

1 handed weapons (knifes, etc.) with sheild

or

2 handed weapons (axe, jewel socketed staff, etc.)

I started at level one with barbarian and the A button (skill 1) swings the axe along with right trigger (skill 6)... I am new but seems the I should have button to strike with knife/axe and block with shield. What is going on? About to give up on game. No way I am going to start over so I can have function to use all the weapons I collect. Kinda pissed. Battle net wont let me ask question on diablo 3 forum since I haven't downloaded character (WTH that is, since it gives no instructions for that)

Starting to feel like I am speaking Japanese to a german. simple question right? Well then why doesn't the game guild even address this exact question. Bout ready to just say F-it. maybe easy and diablo 3 don't go together since I am 40 hours into game and cant swing a axe or stab with knife, or block with shield.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can't strike/block.Blocking is automatic & any weapon you pick up just increases your attack level,you dont actually press any buttons to swing it.

You should post any other questions in the Diablo III forums here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/f/4233.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.