New Mortar Rant

Yes Ive seen the million or so other threads complaining about the mortar.  In truth I dont have a problem with people using them.  I mean for Christ's sake they get flagged on the map for their troubles.  I, for one, dont mind running them down and collecting a nice shiny new dog tag with a side of fries.  However, last night I went to run one of these mortar spamming shmoes down and was pleasantly surprised by the game warning me that I had left the combat area and the bullet to the face I received.

If these guys are able to sit back and continuously lob mortars on the active playing field there is no way they should be able to remain invulnerable like that.  That's just ridiculous.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, I noticed that too and thought it was BS.

I have run into that problem and I simply switched to the support class and took them out with my mortar.

That is all I have seen, guys hiding in their spawn spamming mortars. I just think they need to limit the amount of mortars they are allowed. If they want to hide in the spawn fine just don't let them have unlimited mortars. I have run into guys spamming them and their buddy using the MAV to basicly have pinpoint positioning and then you have no way to get to them.

[quote user="Beefcake5520"]

That is all I have seen, guys hiding in their spawn spamming mortars. I just think they need to limit the amount of mortars they are allowed. If they want to hide in the spawn fine just don't let them have unlimited mortars. I have run into guys spamming them and their buddy using the MAV to basicly have pinpoint positioning and then you have no way to get to them.

[/quote]

Sounds like smart gameplay to me.  Panda is right though, the best defense against mortars at the first spawnpoint is to give them a dose of their own medicine.  after that they're easy kills, just takes a little -TEAMWORK! 

mortars are always the best way to take out someone using the mortars. most the people using them are not smart enough to move after launching one. i saw one idot yesterday on tehran highway sitting under one of the high bridges shooting rounds the entire game directly into the bridge above him. i guess he was to dumb to figure that out. i also think they should be limited because i've been reading that a lot of people use them in rush and nonstop drop them on the com stations. i don't really play rush anymore but i am sure that it does get annoying as it does in conquest.

Dont get me wrong, its completely a smart piece of gameplay.  Utilizing real world equipment in game to mirror real world uses.  Lol, when I unlock the mortar I plan on shelling the hell out of flag positions and sniper ridges.  And I will most definitely be hanging back to do so.  I just dont think there should be an endless supply of shells nor an invisible protective line that prevents other people from coming to end my reign of terror.

Keep in mind, in the game as-is there is a place from which you can send out mortar, be in the safe zone and not be hit by another mortar.   Believe me, when everyone has one of these, they will change the thing.  It's just like the Bane of Battler in DAOC /cry

Just a suggestion but if they are their Black Zone why just not Mortar them back, it's what I do? I'm not sure if it's a Glitch (or intentional) but I had the opportunity this morning to Knife a guy on his Mortar and it wouldn't let me? Are they immune to the Knife? If so, that's kinda bogus.

u can knife them but you have to crouch to get a good angle on them

[quote user="US Revenge"]

u can knife them but you have to crouch to get a good angle on them

[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try again later.