New mortar nerf

Just wondering if anyone really thinks that the new mortar nerf was needed (being unable to deploy in your respawn)?

Mortars were once heavily used and other than guys exploiting the invisible mortar glitch they were fairly easy to counter mortar to destroy. Since mortars have a minimum distance they can fire it makes it almost impossible to use them on certain rush maps unless you are suicidal. I see far fewer people using mortars and it truly took and interesting aspect to the game and made it almost worthless.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They were 0 risk before. Now they have risk. That's all.

Doing anything but leaving the spawn should be mandatory. No firing weapons, no waiting longer than 2 minutes for an aircraft. No sniping from behind Mommy's skirt (OOB). The inclusion of 'out-of-bounds' spawns was an idiot move introduced by PussBag Halling in BFBC2 'Nam and doesn't belong in BF games

I hate the nerf there was no reason to nerf the mortar like that in fact the mortar should be reset back to normal just because some crybabies cried nerf because they were too stupid to figure out how counter a mortar

I have used the mortar when the team have been spawn trapped , too cover the area with smoke and provide cover. They have screwed that option up now and im not happy about it but i like the rest of the patch so its a small price too pay , i just wish they had left that bit alone

though I think players should get off their spawn and go out and grab some objectives.....they should still be able to deploy their entire arsenal from anywhere on the map.....in other words, even though I'm against sitting in your own spawn sniping or using mortars, there are however situations where a player might be forced to use just that tactic....example: if a good support player's team gets spawnlocked...is that a single players fault?.....he might need his mortars to punch a hole in in the attackers line to allow for a break out

if a team who doesnt have the mortar unlocked is getting pounded by one oob's/los, how would u counter it? i dont use mortar but woulld always pop it out if attacked by one. now tho, to use it on like rush or squad dm u may have to deploy it right in Xfire :/

the only problem with the mortar is that it is unlimited.

i expected the mortar to be something similar to the mortar binoculars in bfbc2. seems everything in this game is allowed to be countered. except the stationary AAs. lol nd i think that since its only for spawn protection. the mortar is still a viable support tool on occasion. like maybe rush as attackers

I don't mind the mortars. The people using them cannot be inside of buildings for obvious reasons. They're sitting ducks who're waiting to have their brains spilled out. I mean, really. How often do you actually die by these things? I don't think they should have restricted people, though. So, what? If they want to camp in their base, that's fine. That person probably is not going to do us much harm anyway and his mortar will lose it's range as soon as the objective moves. I don't even mind the unlimited ammo. Having a set amount of ammo would make these things way underpowered because they're almost good for nothing.

I tought they were pretty useless to begin with. Really how many hit markers with a mortar can you get? I think I used them for almost a whole night and wound up with a whopping 15 kills...