new maps disabled in standard playlist

I like to play a few matches in the morning before work.  This morning, I was waiting in a lobby and a window popped up that said the search was taking longer due to searching for DLC.  It asked if I wanted to not search in the DLC.  I said yes.  Then I got dropped from the lobby and on the main screen, in red, it says DLC is disabled in standard play-lists. 

When I responded yes to the question, I thought it was a yes to skip DLC for that lobby, not for the whole play-list.  Does anyone if this will reset once I log back into xbox live, or if I have to change some other setting, or any other way to get the DLC back into the standard play-list? 

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can just go back to the screen before finding a match and press the "Select" button to toggle DLC on or off.

i like that addition in case you have friends who dont have the new maps yet wont effect the others playing in your groups that dont have the maps

There shouldn't be any reason for the option.  The older games were smart enough to know if someone in your party was missing the maps or not.

Thanks for the help Noxious.

Wow what a mess. Its as if every time we get an IW game they make rookie mistakes like this. Its as if its thier first game every time. These guys are obviously in over their heads.

-

Who wants to bet  IW isn't even a studio anymore when the next (MW?) is due after Treyarch's next installment?

I really wish the two teams would work together.  Black Ops had a far superior menu/party system.  I can't even click on a friend and join the lobby within the game; with Black Ops I didn't have to wait for an invite from the XBL dashboard system.

What Fart said. Itll reset back to "search all" when you return to the main menu. I think the "abck" or select button ables/enables the search.

"Wow what a mess".

Where's the problem with this? The opening poster accepted an option to disable searching for DLC and didn't know how to cancel that. You can cancel it, it isn't as though that option isn't there.

"I can't even click on a friend and join the lobby within the game"

Yes you can? It's fairly reliable in my experience too, it's very rare that I try join a game that is open and I get told that it's closed (confirmed through party chat) and often, someone joins straight after. Given the time to join, it's likely to reserve the space for them.

[quote user="Ghorman"]

There shouldn't be any reason for the option.  The older games were smart enough to know if someone in your party was missing the maps or not.

[/quote]

The option isn't there to disable because someone in your party does not have them. The game automatically does that. It is there because finding games on the original maps are easier because not everyone downloads the DLC.

I have never been able to join any of my friends lobbies from the in-game system nor my friends have had luck with it.