New map...It looks pretty fun

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Now this map doesnt look too bad..All weapons can used.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sheesh.  more meat grinders.  

Close Quarters sucks hairy sack. Those hallways will be inescapable spamtraps. I will not buy ANY of the DLC, Armored Kill  included, until they return Hardcore epic battles to the full map rotations including Sharqi, Strike, and Wake which were removed and I haven't been able to play since the patch!

Armored kills to me sounds like more walking and looking for rides...Dont really mind the this particular map...The weapons in this game are suited for close to medium range anyways..In BC2 I could kill people from a distance with a assualt rifle..all they do now at that range is scare off targets..Its only a meat grinder if you choose to run into the grinder...

[quote user="Clean Roach"]

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Now this map doesnt look too bad..All weapons can used.

[/quote]

Nice post. I'll probably be buying the DLC. Not sure yet.

I have more fun on the smaller maps anyways...only time I like the bigger maps is when I play Rush..Its not fun when I play caspian and all I do is drive to flags capping them over and over again seeing 2 people on the ground while everyone plays duck duck goose up in the air... Armored Kill should just be 3 maps, 2 jets, 2 helos, 4 tanks, 1AA tank, and 3 buggys on each side...

I have more fun on the smaller maps anyways...only time I like the bigger maps is when I play Rush..Its not fun when I play caspian and all I do is drive to flags capping them over and over again seeing 2 people on the ground while everyone plays duck duck goose up in the air... Armored Kill should just be 3 maps, 2 jets, 2 helos, 4 tanks, 1AA tank, and 3 buggys on each side...

[/quote]

Actually, so do I. On BF 3 I do much more on foot fighting than in any prior installment of the BF franchise. It's not that I don't like big maps and vehicles. I think part of the problem is only having 24 players on such large maps with vehicles. It gets boring so I tend to constantly run like a mad man and get killed by campers or snipers because I'm also generally lone wolfing it.

While I like BF3, something is amiss in this installment. It doesn't feel as much like what I expect a BF to feel like.  I'm also one of those guys who likes other shooters too, not just one. Through the years I've really enjoyed some COD multi-player action too. BF3 is stale to me and like Huey Lewis said, "I need a new drug". We'll see if that drug is CQC on BF3.

well.....if they'd add these maps to the normal conquest rotation and be full 12v12 maps I'd be alot happier...at least give the option

-

but I'm with turtle about DICE giving us HC/Conquest fans a full map rotation again....Epic Battles had like 3 maps removed...that ain't cool man.....I want Conquest the way it was when the game came out.....I could choose to play either Conquest or Rush......and had most maps in said rotation.....then DICE took them away....maybe if they were never there to start with I couldn't complain.....but DICE took my money then took away part of the game....yeah yeah...rented servers bla bla bla....thats like playing the lottery ....how long before you get kicked?

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

[/quote]

Actually, so do I. On BF 3 I do much more on foot fighting than in any prior installment of the BF franchise. It's not that I don't like big maps and vehicles. I think part of the problem is only having 24 players on such large maps with vehicles. It gets boring so I tend to constantly run like a mad man and get killed by campers or snipers because I'm also generally lone wolfing it.

While I like BF3, something is amiss in this installment. It doesn't feel as much like what I expect a BF to feel like.  I'm also one of those guys who likes other shooters too, not just one. Through the years I've really enjoyed some COD multi-player action too. BF3 is stale to me and like Huey Lewis said, "I need a new drug". We'll see if that drug is CQC on BF3.

[/quote]If the assualt rifles did just a little bit more damage at longer ranges the bigger maps would be better...When I single shot a dude and get 4 hit markers all over him from long range distance it seems like the damage is reduced... Its like the game is designed to be played at medium to short range...

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

[/quote]

It's not that I don't like big maps and vehicles. I think part of the problem is only having 24 players on such large maps with vehicles. It gets boring...

[/quote]

That's my look on it. It's better to have too much action on small maps then to not have enough on big maps, I think. I succeed on small maps anyway because I don't walk into the wall of bullets.

Here comes the justification for ruining the series from  the metro-seine-bazaar 500% boosting/camping tdm crowd.