New Map Pack

So far I'm really liking the new maps. For the first time in months I was actually enjoying playing mw3.

haven't played terminal yet but I liked it in mw2 so I say this is the best map pack we ever got in mw3.

what about you guys. What are your thoughts on the new map pack?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are the new maps available to non-elite members?

collection 1 & 2 good map packs waiting on collection 3 to be dlc to public

No, someone was camping? On a new map? I don't believe you. Who really cares? If you encounter a camper you have two choices: kill him/her or avoid him/her. Simple. Myself? I kill them. Even better when they keep going back to that spot and/or have a tac insert nearby waiting for me to place a claymore a few feet from it.

I played some Domination yesterday on the new maps and the only thing I didn't understand was once either team capped a flag point they just ran to the next one, that got captured by enemy, and so on and so forth. Wouldn't it make more sense to have two players go for each flag and then hold them? Instead of running back and forth? Oh silly me, people mainly only play that mode for kills not objectives. Atleast that is what yesterday was all about.I was playing solo and most of either team had no mics...

Terminal is a good map. Would rather have seen Cross Fire though. I know it is a CoD 4 map but some of those are the best maps still going IMO. Actually I'd like to see some Cod 2 & 3 maps but I know that won't happen.

I had trouble too. all I did was cancel the download and then try to download it again and it worked.

I agree this is a good map pack!!!

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Are the new maps available to non-elite members?

[/quote]

Only Terminal. For the other maps you will need to be an Elite Member or wait until they are released to the general public in a Collection Pack for 1200 msp in a few months time.

Platinum, wait just a little longer and they'll sell the new maps for 50% off.

I downloaded Terminal (for free) but it hasn't come up for me in the rotation yet.  Wish they would let you choose dlc maps separate from original maps, now there's too many maps in the rotation.

lol I hate offshore and not because of camping I rush into so many dead ends on that map I feel like a mouse in one of those maze tests lol. Their really no good flow to that map

Temhotabot,  if you aren't in a clan that communicates and has a plan when they play, you'll rarely get a team that cooperates.  It makes sense to hit a flag, leave a security team at each flag, and designate a reserve to act as a reaction team to go reinforce the security teams when their location comes under assault.  If you get killed, you go on the reaction team until you retake a flag and stay as security.  Or you have a preset role and stick with it throughout the game: security team members armed with LMGs, dual purpose SMAWs or Javelins, and claymores/Tacical Insertion.  Reaction teams armed with assault rifles w/grenade launchers, RPGs, and grenades/flashbangs.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, most people don't play like this.  Unfortunately, because it's every man for himself with no plan and no communication other than screaming profanity and trash talk.  Fortunately, because if the teams were that organized, there wouldn't be much chance for the non-clan people to do anything but die.

I really like the two new maps but I'm having a terrible time at Terminal.  I liked it on mw2 but for whatever reason I have got my butt handed to me every time it comes up in the rotation on 3.  Heard sum comments on here about some of the lines of sight being slightly diferant and sum of the hidey holes being deeper and I do seem to always play a super sneaky team when I get in it.  People camping have never beat me up so bad and most of the time I cant even tell where the shots are coming from, so for now I'm just avoiding it.