New Hitman is looking familiar...

So most here have probably seen the gameplay at this point.

Now there's already been a lot of talk about how it's feeling more like Conviction than a Hitman game. Devs talking about how it's more action packed, instinct mode, more linear levels, chest high hiding spots and so on.

Now when you compare the gameplay shown to Conviction or Blood Money, can anyone say it's not looking more like a conviction style game? They might go closer towards classic Hitman in other missions but when you know you've got all his criticism building up, why add to it rather than show some gameplay to please the fans aswell? My guess would be that there's little of that to show if any and all we'll get is nicely wrapped PR till release.

Maybe I'll be wrong, I hope I will be, but so far I'm not thrilled with what I've seen. Feels like all these genres that had their own unique feel and gameplay are all being thrown into one big pot.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Kind of. I do not like that they have added the Instinct Mode. Developers seem to be dumbing down games now to cater to a wider audience, which I guess is a good business tactic(?), but annoying for fans of the original games.

I know I do not have to use the new help/modes during missions, but it would be nice if they kept everything how it was and just introduced a continuing story from the last game with the same gameplay mechanics.

I know most things are near enough the same from what I have seen so far, but it feels like this is some form of a reboot for the franchise to tie in with the "rebooted" movie, whenever that will be released. I also understand that the guy who voiced 47 is not voicing him for the game.

Don't tell me they are F#@%^%^ the game making it like Conviction to please gamers that love to goes Rambo instead of take time to kill the enemies. Linear levels ? if true then i'll wait for a drop price. The best of Hitman games are the different routes you can try to find your objectives.

Waiting so much for Hitman 5 and it seems i will end being disappointed like when i did play Conviction.

REALLY, freaking really? I hated the Conviction demo, and if it's like that well....

I'm finding it harder and harder to look forward to games anymore.

I'll probably buy it anyway and by doing that contribute to more games being dumbed down.

I need help!

you dont have to use the instinct mode i think you wont get Hitman ranking if you use it

[quote user="PaNfOoT"]

REALLY, freaking really? I hated the Conviction demo, and if it's like that well....[/quote]

Seems to be going that way.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQajN_pau5o]

The best part of Hitman is being able to hide in plain sight and finishing a mission without a soul knowing you were ever there. But at the same time, it was challenging and you needed to know the area inside and out and so on to pull it off perfectly. Plus there was lots of very different ways to pull of each mission.

Have to try some gameplay for myself, but does remind me of conviction. Hopefully a demo will be out before the games launch.

This is the first time ive seen actual gameplay footage. Good post. and yes it does look like conviction. Guards patroling the isle.....? yep thats def reminescent of conviction style gameplay......hhmmmm.......

I'll pass.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It does look like Conviction.  Hopefully thats all it is.  I loved being able to play through the levels in Hitman and getting to the target with no one being the wiser.  It was challenging and fun and there were always more then one way to do it.  I really hope they keep that style of gameplay for the new one.