New hard drive on same console. Unable to re-download Reach DLC for free.

It was my understanding that game content is licensed to one console. If this has changed, I was not aware of it until now. After my account was corrupted back in December, I kept my original 20GB HDD and 16 GB flash memory stick to use and had the Noble Map pack on the 16 GB. Since the Defiant Map Pack for Reach came out I had to use the 20GB to save it on since it won't save to another external device. Today I upgraded to a 250GB HDD, only to find out I have to pay full price again to download the map packs and other DLC that I have on my external memory stick. What can I do to not pay again for the maps? Can I download them online and save them to my new hard drive?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can only download the maps for free again if using the gamertag that was originally used to buy them.

Content is licensed to the console and the gamertag used to buy it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I meant to say that my original account was corrupted and unable to be recovered since then. Can the license be "separated" from my corrupted account and transferred over? I don't understand this licensing well since I've never had to deal with it in the past.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm afraid that is not possible. If you can't get back the old account, then you are going to have to buy the maps again.

Sorry this didn't help.