New Gears of War 3 DLC Detailed

Source

For only 800 MS points, you get three new maps (One of them being a reworked version of one of my favorite maps from Gears 2, Blood Drive), three new playable characters, two weapon skins, 250 GS worth of new achievements, and new fortification upgrades in Horde. I am definitely getting this. And if the rest of the DLC are going to be along the lines of this, I might just go ahead and get the Season Pass.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Manhandler"]

I am definitely getting this. And if the rest of the DLC are going to be along the lines of this, I might just go ahead and get the Season Pass. 

[/quote]

It's worth it. I'm currently waiting for payday so I can get it my self. Gotta love those liquid metal gun skins!

Nice. :D

The fact that these 3 new maps aren't initially available for public multiplayer really makes me mad; not everyone is a horde fanatic. 10 maps simply wasn't enough at launch considering the game was done in April and Overpass is rarely ever picked due to its terrible design.

I was hoping additional campaign content would have been in their first release.

Not entirely Tatakai.

I mean an update would also enable others to see content that wasn't available on disc as well.

Never the less, I'm glad to see a nice blend of content, and later installments did promise some additional single player content as well. Whether it's on disc, or not is irrelevant to me so long as it's offering something that expands on my gameplay as any other content would do, and dropping the first pack in November, when some other premium titles are releasing is actually a pretty good idea to help maintain some of the fanbase.

I think the maps will be actual DLC but the skins and characters are unlockable as they will have to be on the disk for other people to see them in game. Which is why I don't buy that type of DLC.  If I preorder and buy brand new, all content should be available to me. Looks like I just might wait until all the GOW 3 DLC is less than 800msp in a bundle. Still haven't got the Season pass.

[quote user="The Resistance"]

Pretty disapointed. After reading what CliffyB said in an interview about DLC, with him referring to Grand Theft Auto DLC is how DLC should be done. I thought we would have been getting some awesome Campaign DLC and not things like this that should already be unlockables in the game itself.

Hopefully the next batch of DLC will be Campaign related.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this wasn't the work of MS trying to milk as much out of this game as they can.  While I truly love what they have done with this game in terms of game play and visuals, you can definitely tell they are trying to make as much money off of this as much as possible.  While I don't begrudge any company trying to make a profit, there is a difference between value added DLC and DLC that could have come with the launch of the game itself.

800MSP? No thanks.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

less than a few weeks old a the dlc is made and priced already????

when are people going to realise how these developers are ripping you off?

i bet all the dlc content is already on the disc you bought.

[/quote] The game was pretty much finished at the beginning of the year, apart from polishing a few things from the beta, what have the Dev team being doing since then? Packing the Limited and Epic editions in boxes?

I love the price! Finally a dev isnt trying to squeeze money from their customers. And blood drive looks amazing. Cant wait to try it out.