New Games NOT Loading (Getting "Dashboarded")

Prior to this post, I spent a good portion of my Christmas trying to troubleshoot this frustrating issue. From the information I gathered, there's an issue where the RAM isn't being flushed properly when the console is powered down, leading to games crashing when you try to boot them up. You get bounced right back to the dashboard.

First, I came cross the flurry of videos that simply stated a hard reboot should do the trick. I've tried both holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds, as well as unplugging EVERYTHING from the console. Disconnecting the power brick from the wall, unplugging the kinect, HDMI cables, letting everything sit for a few minutes, then reconnecting everything and booting it back up. Still, games crash back to the dashboard. 

Second, I seen another solution somewhere that suggested installing the games offline first, then booting up. Reason being when installing the games while connected to the internet, the system also tries to download the updates simultaneously as the base install, which leads to some entanglement or a corrupt install. This also gave me no success.

I'm stuck and unsure of what route to take next, dreading I'm going to have to go through the process of getting through to a human Microsoft rep. Has anyone gotten around these issues? I've had NBA 2k14 with the system since Black Friday and it still works flawlessly. Get Madden 25 and Forza 5 yesterday and me nor my brother can play these new titles. 

When doing the hard reboot, should the disc be getting ejected and inserted back in? I don't know what else to do. I've just been leaving the game disc in there through the reboots. 

Any help would be appreciated. I'm seeing more of these threads pop up so hopefully the volume of the issue continues to rise to where it can't be ignored. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im  having the same problem. Right in the middle of a race.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Other races work fine. Its just this one race that freezes when i get to this turn and i get dashboarded and have to completely reload the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can reset to factory default and that should fix the problem.  Who knows for how long though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Haven't tried factory settings yet, will that erase my game saves such as association and my career? I hope not

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck. I've been in the same boat for 5 weeks at this point. No "solutions" work to fix the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same issue. I cannot play any games & I am also in an area with no internet connection, so Im pretty screwed having to download all the updates again if I have to re-install the games or do a factory reset.

I would not mind having to do it, if there was a definite fix for this problem.

All the other methods about unplugging the console & holding the power button are not working for me either.

This is becoming extremely frustrating as I just got this console yesterday. This is just not acceptable for a games console to be sold in a essentially broken way.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had issues with a few games doing it to varying degrees. Up until now though, at least I could play the troubled games for a bit. Now for the past 4-5 days Crimson Dragon has refused to work. The titles screen comes up for about 3 seconds and then it kicks me back. I contacted a rep on the 24th and the only thing left to try Is to redownload it. I can't try this now since im already over on my bandwidth for the month. In the end its yet another poorly constructed console from Microsoft. I only wish they would offer up refunds to the countless unsatisfied customers so I could buy a PS4. Yeah the system may have potential in about a year or so, but for now its just a rushed, incomplete mess and Microsoft is sure to downplay just how big of a mess it is.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am wondering if my console is broken? If I cannot play games I think that constitutes being broken.

But I searched these forums & the internet to find that huge numbers of people are having this problem but some people seem to have solved their own problems temporarily.

So I am a bit confused why this is happening if I am doing the fixes that some people mentioned

I am very dissatisfied with this product.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think the console itself is busted, its just extremely poor programming. They desperately need a system patch to fix these issues. Basically, MS did a rush job band aid patch up when they realized how much hate the XBox One gained when it was first announced. The result was the public being sold a console which should have been considered a beta unit. They should have delayed the system another 6-8 months to get everything ironed out, but they instead chose to rush it out to match Sony, and the make it for the Christmas rush. Im hoping they have a fix in the works very soon. Giving people a little something for their trouble would be a nice way to gain a little respect back as well. They better do it quick though. I already know several people who got rid of their XBox Beta for a PS4. I've considered it myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

The console is a great console and much more of a "Next Gen" console than the PS4 and I wouldn't switch right now.  That isn't the issue.  The issue is that there is widespread crashing to the dashboard with what seems to be just about any game or app.  A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE that has a bug that prevents you from playing video games is unacceptable.  The factory reset is not an acceptable solution because that's an incredible pain to do regularly.  To answer someone's question above, the factory reset will delete your game so you need to reinstall it, but I believe all your saved games should be on your cloud.  I was testing it out with nba 2k14 except now it won't sync with the cloud so I'm running into a problem there.

Sorry this didn't help.