$$$NEW GAME RELEASES WITH UNNECESSARY LOCKED CONTENT$$$

I know many people have issues with this and I agree that it's getting out of hand. The clear solution is to boycott purchases of these types of games but that won't work unless you have a majority participating in them. (Plus you miss out on good games.) Is there any other solution to raise awareness of this problem?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately, many buy the game before knowing it has locked content.  Some people never know.

DLC is great, but stuff like this sometimes makes me wish it was never invented.

I as well find this irritating but I dont think there is anything we can do to stop it :/

Name one game where DLC is required to complete the campaign?   DLC is junk like gun skins, a secret character, extra maps for multiplayer, etc.   None of it is needed, it is a ploy to make money, that is all. If people really find the need to have it, they will buy it.  Then buyers remorse sets in and a new thread is started.  Just my opinion.

Do you not need the DLC for Alan Wake in order to get the 'real' ending to the game?

[quote user="kingvas78"]Name one game where DLC is required to complete the campaign?  [/quote]

DEUS EX is the only one I can think of.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Do you not need the DLC for Alan Wake in order to get the 'real' ending to the game?

[/quote]

Cant say?   I may need to retract my previous post.....LOL. I find it hard to believe that any game would require DLC to properly complete the main story.  Halo, Gears, Deus, Bioshock, RDR are finishable without DLC.  Alan Wake, never played so Im not sure.

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

[quote user="kingvas78"]Name one game where DLC is required to complete the campaign?  [/quote]

[/quote]

I completed Deus with no DLC.   What DLC was required?

Never completed Alan Wake myself. I just remember a few people posting about how the DLC provides the real ending to events in the game.

[quote user="kingvas78"]

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

[/quote]

I completed Deus with no DLC.   What DLC was required?

[/quote]  I don't think it was a requirement to complete the game but the DLC The Missing Link kind of counts in my opinion since it has you playing from the middle of the campaign after you go into the stasis pod.

Remember the good ol' days when you unlocked cool stuff by playing the game instead of paying extra?